Thread: Friend's dog went to rainbow bridge a couple of days ago.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Friend's dog went to rainbow bridge a couple of days ago.

Stiggy's doggy daycare owner's 14 year old german sheppard passed away a couple of days go. He was a rescue on death row because he was 'unplaceable' when she took him in . He was such a beautiful guy.

Seeing that I'm a first time pet-owner, is there something that would be nice to get for her and her husband? I'm going to Hawaii next week and Stiggy's going to stay for the first half each week of the next two weeks with her, so I was planning to get a little something for her already as a thank you gift.

Thanks everyone!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Friend's dog went to rainbow bridge a couple of days ago.

I haven't read it, however I've been told that "Bill at Rainbow Bridge" by Dan Carrison is excellent and something that your friend may appreciate.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

I just recently learned about the book but when our friends dog passed away we bought a plant to put in their garden to remind them of her dog and a beautiful card that was dedicated for a loss of a dog. When my mom loss her cat we bought a little stone with a pawprint and a saying and she keeps near the fireplace where the cat would lay.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
    Likes (Received)

Im sorry to hear of your friends loss. I think that both ideas above are great.. Personally I would love the plant.. I had my moms cat and my daughters dog cremated for them, My mom was soo excepting of this.. Now I have his ashes next to hers...

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey28 View Post
    I just recently learned about the book but when our friends dog passed away we bought a plant to put in their garden to remind them of her dog and a beautiful card that was dedicated for a loss of a dog. When my mom loss her cat we bought a little stone with a pawprint and a saying and she keeps near the fireplace where the cat would lay.
    Both of those are such wonderful ideas ....

Remove Ads