How long does Menopause last?????

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I guess til Im dead!!!! About 2.5 years ago I started having symptoms, went to the Dr. and had blood levels done. Yeppers, starting menopause. I had a hysterectomy 13 years ago leaving both my overies. Over a year ago I started with the hot flashes, they would come out of no where leaving me drenched, That lasted about 5 months.........fast forward to this week I will be 50 in October. I THOUGHT I was over the worse, NOPE I have had several hot flashes this last week AGAIN :cursing:

I just googled "How long does Menopause last" and many things I read said it could be up to 10 years. TEN FRICKEN YEARS!!!!! :eek: Bet I will be the lucky duck that this will happen too. These Hot Flashes are kicken my butt!! I tried a few HRT's and none really helped so I just thought I would suffer through. I hate taking medications.

Anyone have a "nauturel" remedy for Hot Flashes??? And how long did yours last??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep... years or more.... and it can come back. i am about 4 years in and would not go a day without my little peach pills

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Yep... years or more.... and it can come back. i am about 4 years in and would not go a day without my little peach pills

What peach pills are you taking? UUGGGGG 4 years?????

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yeah it's true. It can last 10 years or more, isn't it great? NOT! I'm like you, I'm 52 and had a hysterectomy about 8 years ago, ovaries intact. I am always hot but started with hot flashes this year, not all the time, but enough to be uncomfortable at times. I had the blood tests to check, but the doctor says its not full menopause yet, it's premenopause as I'm still producing hormones. My mom actually had her periods until she was almost sixty, and then went on HRT patch for 10 years, she's just turned 72 and has been free of menopause for a couple of years now, but she had it for a long time. My mom and sister didn't start their periods until they were 16, so that probably makes a difference in her having menopause late, but I was 12, and I've had a hysterectomy, I've heard that when you have this surgery, you can start menopause early. I don't know if this is true or not. I've heard Black Cohosh can help, but I'm not familiar with it, or how it works, yoga can work and acupuncture. Also the natural health stores like Nutrition House or GNC have natural supplements for many things including menopause

Last edited:
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION]. I remember 13 years ago when I had my surgery the gyno told me I would probably go into menopause early. I am always hot, I freeze Joe out of the house!! lol. I figure he can go put on long sleeves and sweat pants while I sit in a tank top and shorts and sweat!! My mother went through at 47 and I do remember when I had my blood levels done the Dr. asking me how old my mother was when she did. He told me you usually go when your mother did. My mother also had a hysterectomy as ALL the women in our family has. So I am right on target as my mother.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yeah yeah I'm a guy but...... My wife had an emergency full hysterectomy when she was 25 and is still going through it almost 15 years later. So you ladies really got hosed with this menopause stuff.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What peach pills are you taking? UUGGGGG 4 years?????

Sorry -- not peach it is blue. I will be 49 in a few weeks... had a hysto in 2009 @45. And, it kicked in within a couple weeks., Ovaries are still intact, but i am ALWAYS warm, but not sweaty or miserible.
The pill I take is a tiny little blue pill, like 1.5mg ..I think gotta check the bottle next time i go up stairs

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Yeah yeah I'm a guy but...... My wife had an emergency full hysterectomy when she was 25 and is still going through it almost 15 years later. So you ladies really got hosed with this menopause stuff.

:eek: Hey mister you have no idea!! just ask your wife, lol, it SUCKS!!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh I know it sucks. I have been living with her going through it. :lol:

Well bless your heart, why is it I feel bad for you and NOT Joe??? :ROFL: cuz I am a biatch!!! lol

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Absolutely lucky to be alive. Hers is magnified by nerve damage in her legs and back and the constant feeling of heat from her spinal cord implant so I know she is miserable all the time. I may not fully understand what you all go through but can say it definately sucks for you.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Absolutely lucky to be alive. Hers is magnified by nerve damage in her legs and back and the constant feeling of heat from her spinal cord implant so I know she is miserable all the time. I may not fully understand what you all go through but can say it definately sucks for you.
I am Sorry man.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.