Bully Toys?!?!?!

patricia

Apr 8, 2011
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Bulldog(s) Names
Kairos
Hii!!

I have a male bully who loves to destroy all of his toys :p !! He has so much fun destroying toys, the problem is most of the time he will destroy his new toys in a day or a couple of days :bang:
Can anyone recommend SAFE, strong,long lasting toys for bulldogs??

Also, I used to buy him rawhide "bone" toys which he used to love :heart: and play with them for days. I read they are dangerous for bullies and I no longer buy them... are there any SAFE "bone" toys for bullies???

All suggestions will be appreciated! :yes:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I suggest deer antlers! We received ours a few days ago and all the great things I've heard are true! My non bully dog..Dena..is a real chewer and of course, so is Jake. They have hardly put these down and they are the first ones they pick from "the toy pile"! These are real deer antlers and if you get them..I would suggest the x large. I got mediums which are fine..but I will get larger ones next time.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Princess Gracie :heart:'s her Nylabone. That is the brand and they make tuff synthetic bones. Rawhide definitely is a no no.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yep no to rawhides for sure and I would stay away from the pg ears etc just because the bullys mouths and throat are so large, all that stuff makes me anxious. I love the nylabone for my boys also. The ones with the grip chew area in the middle hold up very well. We buy new ones every couple of years actually. I have yet to try these antlers but everyone is loving on them so I say try them out!

Kristyle Morton

Apr 13, 2011
Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodacious
Yep no to rawhides for sure and I would stay away from the pg ears etc just because the bullys mouths and throat are so large, all that stuff makes me anxious. I love the nylabone for my boys also. The ones with the grip chew area in the middle hold up very well. We buy new ones every couple of years actually. I have yet to try these antlers but everyone is loving on them so I say try them out!

we gave bodacious pig ears when he was a pup but not anymore. it seems like every treat/'toy' we give him he tries to inhale it..sucks it down his throat & then throws up trying to cough it out...it's horrible. the only thing he has right now is the big rope with knots on each side & it has floss in it for his teeth. i'm curious about the deer antlers now though :up:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Jolly Ball Teaser is a good, sturdy toy. We like Kongs and Nyla-rings, too. Ruggles can undo the knot in the ropes and unbraid them so we had to give them up. We get the largest size available in most toys, but got a med. in the Jolly Teaser ball because it is easy for the dogs to pack around by gripping the openings with their mouths.

OP
P

patricia

Apr 8, 2011
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Bulldog(s) Names
Kairos
thanks so much for the info!!!! Real Deer antlers - WOW! Who would have thought??!?! First time I ever hear about the antlers- will have to look those up on the internet and hope they ship them over here!!! Sounds great,especially if they're safe and fun for them and no mess for me to clean up :up: and I'll have to buy some nylabones tomorrow - I'm pretty sure I've seen those but I never got them..... Thankssss!!!!!! :hug2:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
thanks so much for the info!!!! Real Deer antlers - WOW! Who would have thought??!?! First time I ever hear about the antlers- will have to look those up on the internet and hope they ship them over here!!! Sounds great,especially if they're safe and fun for them and no mess for me to clean up :up: and I'll have to buy some nylabones tomorrow - I'm pretty sure I've seen those but I never got them..... Thankssss!!!!!! :hug2:

Yup..[MENTION=2181]patricia[/MENTION]..I hope they ship to you.the cool thing is these antlers are naturally shed from the deer..also full of nutrients.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
we gave bodacious pig ears when he was a pup but not anymore. it seems like every treat/'toy' we give him he tries to inhale it..sucks it down his throat & then throws up trying to cough it out...it's horrible. the only thing he has right now is the big rope with knots on each side & it has floss in it for his teeth. i'm curious about the deer antlers now though :up:

Oh Cutty SO loves the ropes. We had stop buying them also cuz with his ocd he would sit there and pull the string out and it would come out in his :poo:. I figured that couldnt be safe and could twist something up in there so we had to take them all away. Poor Cutty, loses rights to most his toys. haha

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Daddy is a real toy destroyer!! I bought two stuffed dog toys a couple of weeks ago and I think they both lasted less than half an hour!! :eek:

The kongs seem to hold up well, and so does this paticular bone that we get:-

27892_96wh.jpg

I have just bought the deer antlers from carolina pet pantry. It's been shipped so I'm hoping it will arrive today, so I will let you know how that works out!! :up:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
My Samson can destroy nearly every dog toy on the market and believe me when I say we have tried ALOT, it's quite amazing actually. Even the so called super tough toys like the "Tuffy" toys Samson destroys in less than a day. These are the only 2 toys on the market that Samson has not been able to destroy and I can trust him to play with alone. The bone is a nylabone durable, souper size. I have replace those a couple times a year when the ends get worn down. The kong is the extreme XL and those I have to replace at most once a year. He chewed off the top of one of the classic red kongs so it has to be the extreme and XL.

41J1CWQUjL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

black_kong.jpg

OP
P

patricia

Apr 8, 2011
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Bulldog(s) Names
Kairos
Hello all!!!! Thanks so much for he toys mentioned and pictured here. Kairos is our first bully and it is so different having a bully than any other dog. We always try to be so careful to not put him in any danger... it has been so hard making sure hi is safe but able to play with as many toys as possible sine he is alone @ 6-7 hours daily. He used to LOVE :heart: stuffed toys and he would "suck" on them at night before going to sleep. That started irritating his throat plus he had a seriously elongated palate so we had to stop him cold turkey! :( he was depresed for like two weeks!!! It has been so hard for me to find toys that are SAFE and long lasting, he destroys most really fast!
It is hard to believe that our babies have such tender hearts but toy destroying teeth!! I will be buying some of these toys soon and will let you know how they work!!
@Jake - I researched the antlers online and they are SAFE, HEALTHY, NON-MESSY, CHEAP and LONG LASTING - I will order some of those soon!
@ cali~jenn - too funny!!! jajaaja :lol: mine is the same, he will destroy toys in a minute!!!!
@kazzy and tessa - will try the those toys and the kongs, I've seen the kongs so many times and never thought he would like those

Thank you!!!! :hug2::luv:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My Stig loves planet dog toys too, but there's this specific bone one that lasted him a few months which is very rare. I'll take a pic of it when we get a new one soon. But he also loves his kong wubba and tuffy t-rex toy. I added the piggy pic because it's a popular choice here as well. I think the trick with the tuff toys is that there has to be plenty of chewable areas. Stig chews on the arms, feet, tail and even the head!

kongwubba.jpg

tuffytrex.jpg

tuffypig.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.