Thread: Bully Toys?!?!?!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bully Toys?!?!?!

My Samson can destroy nearly every dog toy on the market and believe me when I say we have tried ALOT, it's quite amazing actually. Even the so called super tough toys like the "Tuffy" toys Samson destroys in less than a day. These are the only 2 toys on the market that Samson has not been able to destroy and I can trust him to play with alone. The bone is a nylabone durable, souper size. I have replace those a couple times a year when the ends get worn down. The kong is the extreme XL and those I have to replace at most once a year. He chewed off the top of one of the classic red kongs so it has to be the extreme and XL.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kairos
    Likes (Received)

Hello all!!!! Thanks so much for he toys mentioned and pictured here. Kairos is our first bully and it is so different having a bully than any other dog. We always try to be so careful to not put him in any danger... it has been so hard making sure hi is safe but able to play with as many toys as possible sine he is alone @ 6-7 hours daily. He used to LOVE stuffed toys and he would "suck" on them at night before going to sleep. That started irritating his throat plus he had a seriously elongated palate so we had to stop him cold turkey! he was depresed for like two weeks!!! It has been so hard for me to find toys that are SAFE and long lasting, he destroys most really fast!
    It is hard to believe that our babies have such tender hearts but toy destroying teeth!! I will be buying some of these toys soon and will let you know how they work!!
    @Jake - I researched the antlers online and they are SAFE, HEALTHY, NON-MESSY, CHEAP and LONG LASTING - I will order some of those soon!
    @ cali~jenn - too funny!!! jajaaja mine is the same, he will destroy toys in a minute!!!!
    @kazzy and tessa - will try the those toys and the kongs, I've seen the kongs so many times and never thought he would like those

Thank you!!!!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

My Stig loves planet dog toys too, but there's this specific bone one that lasted him a few months which is very rare. I'll take a pic of it when we get a new one soon. But he also loves his kong wubba and tuffy t-rex toy. I added the piggy pic because it's a popular choice here as well. I think the trick with the tuff toys is that there has to be plenty of chewable areas. Stig chews on the arms, feet, tail and even the head!

Last edited by savemejeebus; 04-21-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Lucy-licious

I was gonna mention the Tuff toys too, there were some in our resent rescue auction here on EBN, and I was wondering how they held up to Bulldogs, but I cant remember who won them to mention.
    Lucy was always pretty good with Rubber bones until recently...I bought her this so called Tuff Rubber toy...it lasted 10 minutes flat before it went in the bin.
    having said that she does have toys that have been in her basket since she came home likea bright pink sqeeky toy that a friend at work bought her when she first came home,
    Its lost its sqeak but is still in one piece and gets played with a lot...I asked my friend where it was from...the local 1 shop go figure!
    I spend s on toys that go in the bin within the day and this "cheap as chips" toy is still going
    Last edited by Lucy-licious; 04-21-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

luckily Chaos isn't that destructive yet! He hasn't torn up toys, only ate the bottom off his dog bed!!! He seems to like the cheap squeeky ones too! I bought him a $20 nylabone monkey, and he loves it, but much rather have the $1 squeeky fish, balls, or rubber toys
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@patricia If he doesn't seem interested in a kong try smearing a little peanut butter on the inside, they love that!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Wally
    Likes (Received)

Wally loves his nylabone products and so do we! I give him a lot of the items mentioned already - the durabone, the bone with the mint in the middle, the nylabone ring (only supervised as he can get his front paw caught on it while chewing) but lately his favorite toy is the kong tennis ball. It seems to be pretty darn sturdy, and has a squeeker on the inside. He also loves it when we play fetch with his original kong - it bounces all over the place making it harder to predict where it will land. We do this with nothing inside it. We go through a lot of toys. We recently got him a cookee chicken or something like that. He bit the toes off in about 10 minutes. Toy went by by.

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kairos
    Likes (Received)

hi!!! I bought Kairos his first Nylabone today!!!! He's loving it!!!! I will try to order the antlers this weekend and I will post some pictures of him with his Nylabone soon...

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia View Post
    hi!!! I bought Kairos his first Nylabone today!!!! He's loving it!!!! I will try to order the antlers this weekend and I will post some pictures of him with his Nylabone soon...
    Yay! We love nylabone too! You should see the fish nylabone @mbuxx got his Samson. There is a picture here somewhere..it's too perfect! Looks like a fish! Antlers are still in very high demand at jakes house! Kairos will like them.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)

haha, even better thing about the fish is... its BACON flavoured!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Snooki (EB) and Big Mac (OEB)
    Likes (Received)

The kong toys work the best here. However we do need the X-treme version for the bullies.... Big Mac absolutely loves his stuffed toys he will suck on them when he falls asleep and then Snooki comes along and she just destroys them!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

I love how I don't need to post questions here lol I just read the forums and can find anything i'm looking for!
    Picked up a Kong but Dozer wont play with it, going to try the deer antler for sure!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads