Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 15

Thread: Ruff wear float coat

  1. #1
    Pet Sitter EllieMay's Avatar
    Real Name
    Heather
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Marshall Texas
    Posts
    309
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cinder
    Likes (Received)
    544

    Default Ruff wear float coat

    Any one ever use this life jacket for your bulldog? I read that they are really good. If you have, please tell me what you think and your bulldogs size and the size jacket you have used.. I am wanting to gift one for a friend and maybe get one for Cinder this summer..
    “When I needed a hand, I found your paw.”

  2. #2
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    10,291
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    12578

    Default Re: Ruff wear float coat

    Quote Originally Posted by EllieMay View Post
    Any one ever use this life jacket for your bulldog? I read that they are really good. If you have, please tell me what you think and your bulldogs size and the size jacket you have used.. I am wanting to gift one for a friend and maybe get one for Cinder this summer..
    The brand I have is Aussie Natural. I like the flap under the chin that holds the head out of the water. Nyala my brindle is the one I need to watch as she’ll jump in any water...Jake I don’t know yet. Got him in July. You will be probably need 2 jackets till fully grown so if you can find use ones it’s just as good. By the summer you will probably need a medium size. They are good only if you go to a lake or beach. if you’re walking along a river you need to watch the currents Both of mine will be harnessed up on a long leash if it’s a simple walk along a river. When we walk them in the Rockies the river is long n so damm cold. Why it’s harnesses only.

  3. Likes EllieMay liked this post
  4. #3
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    oscarmayer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,279
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    6932

    Default Re: Ruff wear float coat

    We've been using the "Float Coat" for many years. It's the best as far as we know. Last summer Mini grabbed Lala's leg and Lala flipped upside down into the pool and the Float Coat turned her right side up in less than 2 seconds...That sold me on them for sure.


    Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

  5. #4
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    10,291
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    12578

    Default Re: Ruff wear float coat

    Did you see mimi’s face? Like Oh No.....

  6. Likes EllieMay liked this post
  7. #5
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    45,416
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    16600

    Default Re: Ruff wear float coat

    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    We've been using the "Float Coat" for many years. It's the best as far as we know. Last summer Mini grabbed Lala's leg and Lala flipped upside down into the pool and the Float Coat turned her right side up in less than 2 seconds...That sold me on them for sure.

    Lol... and Layla, still was focused on that pool noodle!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  8. Likes EllieMay liked this post
  9. #6
    Pet Sitter EllieMay's Avatar
    Real Name
    Heather
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Marshall Texas
    Posts
    309
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cinder
    Likes (Received)
    544

    Default Re: Ruff wear float coat

    Nice!!! So how big is Layla and what size is she wearing?
    “When I needed a hand, I found your paw.”

  10. Likes oscarmayer liked this post
  11. #7
    Pet Sitter EllieMay's Avatar
    Real Name
    Heather
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Marshall Texas
    Posts
    309
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cinder
    Likes (Received)
    544

    Default Re: Ruff wear float coat

    I have discovered that Cinder is very adventuresome and totally unaware of her safety.... She has already made a beeline for the pool and the lake . And she doesn’t think nothing about climbing.. I have had to baby proof my house again like I have a toddler and issue warnings to all my family members about doors and gates being kept closed.. she’s built very short and heavy, so she can’t jump but she will sure try anything!!!!
    “When I needed a hand, I found your paw.”

  12. Likes sisters3, 2BullyMama liked this post
  13. #8
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    45,416
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    16600

    Default Re: Ruff wear float coat

    Quote Originally Posted by EllieMay View Post
    I have discovered that Cinder is very adventuresome and totally unaware of her safety.... She has already made a beeline for the pool and the lake . And she doesn’t think nothing about climbing.. I have had to baby proof my house again like I have a toddler and issue warnings to all my family members about doors and gates being kept closed.. she’s built very short and heavy, so she can’t jump but she will sure try anything!!!!
    Typical crazy bulldog!!! Aka toddler


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  14. Likes EllieMay liked this post
  15. #9
    Pet Sitter EllieMay's Avatar
    Real Name
    Heather
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Marshall Texas
    Posts
    309
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cinder
    Likes (Received)
    544

    Default Re: Ruff wear float coat

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    The brand I have is Aussie Natural. I like the flap under the chin that holds the head out of the water. Nyala my brindle is the one I need to watch as she’ll jump in any water...Jake I don’t know yet. Got him in July. You will be probably need 2 jackets till fully grown so if you can find use ones it’s just as good. By the summer you will probably need a medium size. They are good only if you go to a lake or beach. if you’re walking along a river you need to watch the currents Both of mine will be harnessed up on a long leash if it’s a simple walk along a river. When we walk them in the Rockies the river is long n so damm cold. Why it’s harnesses only.
    We live on a small lake and also have the in ground pool. Cinder doesn’t have access to any of it freely, but now that I’ve seen her love of water, I know she will want to play this summer. We also take a lot of water trips too so I want to be prepared. I measured Cinder now and then mentally FF >> to summer time and I’m thinking medium as well for her.. i have two senior labs and Cinder has been a totally different experience for me than they were.. I love every minute of it though.. do yours enjoy the outdoors still when the weather warms up?
    “When I needed a hand, I found your paw.”

  16. #10
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    oscarmayer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,279
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    6932

    Default Re: Ruff wear float coat

    Quote Originally Posted by EllieMay View Post
    Nice!!! So how big is Layla and what size is she wearing?
    Lala is 38 lbs and that coat is a Medium. It would easily fit a larger Bulldog as it's cinched up as small as it will go.

    Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

  17. #11
    Pet Sitter EllieMay's Avatar
    Real Name
    Heather
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Marshall Texas
    Posts
    309
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cinder
    Likes (Received)
    544

    Default Re: Ruff wear float coat

    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    Lala is 38 lbs and that coat is a Medium. It would easily fit a larger Bulldog as it's cinched up as small as it will go.
    Perfect, thank you! Cinder will be not even turn 1 until August but she weighs 24lbs now so I think ordering a medium would be a good choice..
    “When I needed a hand, I found your paw.”

  18. #12
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    10,291
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    12578

    Default Re: Ruff wear float coat

    Quote Originally Posted by EllieMay View Post
    We live on a small lake and also have the in ground pool. Cinder doesn’t have access to any of it freely, but now that I’ve seen her love of water, I know she will want to play this summer. We also take a lot of water trips too so I want to be prepared. I measured Cinder now and then mentally FF >> to summer time and I’m thinking medium as well for her.. i have two senior labs and Cinder has been a totally different experience for me than they were.. I love every minute of it though.. do yours enjoy the outdoors still when the weather warms up?
    Yes definitely we are always outdoors. Nyala the brindle one was trained as a pup to walk a lot. Nyala walks 4-5km daily weather permitting. I live about 2hrs from the Rockies. We go often to Banff n walk, quick dips in the waters as that water is from the snow that melts from the top of the mountains. Very cold. Sometimes we go to Jasper which is further and more on the wild side so less touristic. But nice n quiet for hiking. I just got Jake in July and my breeders dogs are all born and raised outside. All her dogs have dog houses fill with straw in big runs, summer they all have umbrellas n kiddie pools. Looks like a beach lol. Jake will tolerate the cold or hot weather more than Nyala but he’s nowhere near in shape as Nyala when it comes to walking. He’s getting there slowly. He now does one km. When we do outdoors stuff will be more with their harnesses. Rivers here will drag the pups further out so I’m not risking that. I have no clue if Jake swims. Will see this summer. If I were on a lake like you, definitely start with a life jacket since you have 2 labs that are probably swimmers as she’ll follow them. But do try to teach her to swim without a jacket (supervision of course) as some EB do swim. I’m an outside person so EB are not really for outdoorsman as we say. But if you train them young, you will still be able do a lot of stuff outside. That being said, monitoring weather is a “must” for this breed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •