retractible leash

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would never use one.... our bet office has banned them from being used in the waiting room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
You a real Girl Scout Helene! Hand made leash!

Actually I made it for my GS as he loved water n love to dive under water. Sometimes he would come out a bit further out. With some of our rivers with strong currents it worried me. That’s how i ended up making this.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I bought a 20 ft leash line (for horse people, sort of a 'lunge line' ) and then tide knots making handles in two extra places so as to enable a very short lead, a medium and then the long part so when walking in fields i could let him explore and just pull him to me and hold the short handle when needed. NO go on the retractable. I used one once on my Shih Tzu and dropped the handle part and it freaked her out when it sucked itself back in, slammed toword her, and almost couldnt catch her cause of fear. I love my handy long short combo leash :)

LJJ86

Feb 4, 2018
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasper
I bought a 20 ft leash line (for horse people, sort of a 'lunge line' ) and then tide knots making handles in two extra places so as to enable a very short lead, a medium and then the long part so when walking in fields i could let him explore and just pull him to me and hold the short handle when needed.

I used a soft webbing longe/lunge line with both my previous bull mastiffs as they couldn't be trusted off-lead. The only slight beef is you have to pay a bit of attention to feeding them out or pulling them in or else they liked to drag the lead through puddles and stuff but I would definitely recommend for letting them roam a bit on-lead. Can also be used for a safety net when training recall of course!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I always use a retractable leash for Chunky while walking him around the neighborhood and have only had one issue. I dropped the end while hooking up his harness and it spooked him causing him to run away from the noise. I use a regular leash when taking him places though so I can keep better control of him and attempt to keep other peoples dogs away at the vet.

skimps0n

Apr 13, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Peyton Henry Smith
ROK Strap -
check them out, best leash I’ve found for walking my mini-hippo about.

Members online

No members online now.