ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My Willow turned 2 in Oct, and she is small... she only weighs 37 pounds. My vet has no issues w/her being tiny, it's just funny since out of 5 bulldogs we have owned she is the smallest AND with the most attitude... Lol

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My Willow turned 2 in Oct, and she is small... she only weighs 37 pounds. My vet has no issues w/her being tiny, it's just funny since out of 5 bulldogs we have owned she is the smallest AND with the most attitude... Lol
Most little ones are the ones with attitudes. And...Good job Willow! You show who's da boss girl! Lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You are right about little ones with big attitude-according to Orion, and Willow!!:smoochwink: As far as a pup, it seems that around 8 lbs. or more for an 8 wk old pup. 2.5 pounds is so tiny and never should have been sold yet!(my opinion)

OP
berlin78

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Chloe (Bella RIP 2019)
Oh, I like 'em little too! I think they tend to be healthier that way, generally speaking. And they're so darn squishy cute! Ok, well, no matter what size my bully was, I'm sure I'd still think she was squishy cute:D

I have the AKC paperwork, etc. Everything seemed legit - the breeder was available almost immediately at any time for us to ask questions/get advice etc. Even now, three years later, when I emailed her about whether or not her dogs had ever had entropion issues she was communicative. Sophie is my world - I am totally obsessed with her - and she is so much fun. I am not really worried per say, but I like to get your input and make sure we weren't duped. As for the vet, when she first saw Soph she thought she was a "mini" bulldog! If the breeder was not pulling a fast one, her mama and papa were of normal size and she was born Aug. 8th I believe (need to look back at her paperwork) and we picked her up on Oct. 4th. Thanks everyone! Photos to come!

OP
berlin78

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
helsonwheels, we feed her Ultamino (gasp! I know) and HK LID. She has allergies and was prescribed the Ultamino and she cleared up, but just recently I've been introducing the HK because I know she isn't getting the nutrients I want her (and Bella) to get. We only feed both our dogs around 2.5 cups per day of total food. Treats are just green beans and carrots, so def not a lot of extra calories. Sometimes, on the weekends they get a little bacon fat with their breakfast, I must confess.

rberg20

Apr 3, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge
Hello! I am new to this sight and I am here to ask a few questions. My Bulldog, Sarge, just turned 1 on March 23 (yahoo!). He weighs 60 pounds and is quite tall for a bulldog. I've also noticed that his head is much smaller compared to his body, it's very narrow and small and I am wondering if it will grow or not. His dad was short and had a large head, his mom, also short, but a smaller head. Any idea if it will get bigger? Also, he hasn't widened up in the shoulders as much as I've seen other bulldogs do at his age. He's such a cutie and I love him to bits, but people often ask me if he is a "true bulldog" (which he is, we have his papers). Please let me know if anyone has any information!

LoveBug

Mar 29, 2018
Western Washington State
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bug
Hello! I am new to this sight and I am here to ask a few questions. My Bulldog, Sarge, just turned 1 on March 23 (yahoo!). He weighs 60 pounds and is quite tall for a bulldog. I've also noticed that his head is much smaller compared to his body, it's very narrow and small and I am wondering if it will grow or not. His dad was short and had a large head, his mom, also short, but a smaller head. Any idea if it will get bigger? Also, he hasn't widened up in the shoulders as much as I've seen other bulldogs do at his age. He's such a cutie and I love him to bits, but people often ask me if he is a "true bulldog" (which he is, we have his papers). Please let me know if anyone has any information!

I'm new here too ( but not to forums in general). You may want to start a new thread in the Welcome and introductions section and post some photos of Sarge - you may get more answers to your questions that way! :welcome:

rberg20

Apr 3, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge
05D62E2B-0FAB-4157-9BED-5E8F8C38FD07.jpeg01FB22C2-2228-4B5B-A665-1766B157B137.jpeg4C31D484-CF5C-4632-9ECB-39E36311D075.jpegFA71271D-D56B-49AC-A5F8-174B5A4A6EFB.jpeg

Still getting used to this website!! Here are some pics of my handsome boy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We've had quite a few Bulldogs come through our Rescue Org that are built exactly like your boy. He's ALL Bulldog for sure...and a handsome fella too.

OP
berlin78

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
thumbnail_photo[4].jpgthumbnail_photo[5].jpg

Here are a couple old photos from right after we got Sophie. You can compare her with Bella - she was 6 at the time. :)

OP
berlin78

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Here is Sophie at thumbnail_photo[7].jpgaround 6 months. thumbnail_photo[1].jpg

Staff online

Members online