Harley is having a reaction

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry yall!

I got Home on Monday evening from work and she had scratched her face hard enough to cut her self in the fold under her eye, Her limp was back, and she had diarrhea containing blood.

I took her to the vet.

The vet said that she probably got into something causing the allergic reaction. I got some medicated wipes to help clean the cut in her face. And proceeding with the Benadryl.

The limp is arthritis in her knee. She got a prednisone shot and we started prednisone pills to help with a lot of the issues she is having.

The vet seems to think that the blood in her stool is just stress from being sick and uncomfortable along with the new puppy picking on her. So we got a stool sample and went ahead and treating her with an antibiotic for her intestines..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor girl!!! For her arthritis... start Movoflex, it can be purchased on Amazon

Hope she feels better soon

OP
J

Juststrokeit383

May 23, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
Harley is looking a lot better!

Only if she can get her brother to leave her alone! IMG_5904.JPG

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Be great if you can get Harley on a regimen where he doesn't need any prednisone in future. You can start him on an antihistamine called cetirizine (zyrtec) 0.5 mg /pound once daily. Also try switching foods to a grain free limited ingredient dog food , preferably raw. He might have both environmental and food allergies, so you can possibly get him tested in future, and if he has environmental allergies, try either immunotherapy eg. Respit, or an injection of Cytopoint once every month to 6 weeks.

Members online

No members online now.