What's the best food for bully's

Marnie

Sep 7, 2017
Country
West middlands England
Bulldog(s) Names
Marnie
I just become owner of a British bull dog what's the best food or what do you find best food,snacks ex..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Most Bulldogs tolerate high quality grain-free formulas. There are many grain-free food manufacturers, some using higher quality ingredients than others. Price is "usually" an indicator of quality, but do your homework and research. Not sure about what is available in UK. Raw diet is ideal but for most not necessary...and it's very costly. Again, not sure if Raw diets are available across the pond. What is your little gem eating now? Are there any issues with her health, skin coat, stool, etc?

OP
M

Marnie

Sep 7, 2017
Country
West middlands England
Bulldog(s) Names
Marnie
Most Bulldogs tolerate high quality grain-free formulas. There are many grain-free food manufacturers, some using higher quality ingredients than others. Price is "usually" an indicator of quality, but do your homework and research. Not sure about what is available in UK. Raw diet is ideal but for most not necessary...and it's very costly. Again, not sure if Raw diets are available across the pond. What is your little gem eating now? Are there any issues with her health, skin coat, stool, etc?

Hi I'm feeding her James wellbeloved 1 cup 3 times a day snacks I give her some mixed veg iv Hurd of the raw diet I had taken her to the vets yesterday she's weighing in at 11kg she's 14 weeks old now she's seims to be doing well her stools am fine so I think I'm going to stick with what I have bein feeding her I was just wandered what everyone is feeding

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Sounds like your doing right by her and if things change ... as in develops problems with that, then try something else. Lots here use Orijen, Acana, Zignature, Fromm (seems to be a favorite;) ) , Honest Kitchen varieties, Easy raw, Spots, ... And some, like me, use many of the above as well as organ meets, and now raw green tripe, green beans on top of food for fillers, pumpkin (just plane not the pie ready one) when needed,,, oh boy, theres lots of things we feed :) So theres just some..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi I'm feeding her James wellbeloved 1 cup 3 times a day snacks I give her some mixed veg iv Hurd of the raw diet I had taken her to the vets yesterday she's weighing in at 11kg she's 14 weeks old now she's seims to be doing well her stools am fine so I think I'm going to stick with what I have bein feeding her I was just wandered what everyone is feeding

from what I remember of UK food.... James Well beloved is one of the best @1Chumly -- correct?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
You are doing great. Keep up the good work.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
from what I remember of UK food.... James Well beloved is one of the best @1Chumly -- correct?

I am afraid I am not the best one to ask. I have been here for 7 years now and just like here, the foods have changed quite a lot since I left. I fed Chumly James Wellbeloved but there is a bigger selection now. I would do a search for grain free foods and in the meantime hopefully some of our other UK owners will chime in and give some tips. Off hand, I can't come up with any names otherwise I would tag them! Will have a look.

Members online

No members online now.