Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Georgia - need some advice please!

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Moving to Georgia - need some advice please!

@Lalaloopsie
    Bon voyage to Tank and to you all!

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

2. Likes Lalaloopsie liked this post
    Real Name
    Deb
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    OZZIE
    Likes (Received)

I hope all goes well with your travel. As for Atlanta if you are out of the city it can be common for Coyotes to prowl. Also more chances of snakes, most are not harmful but watch out for these. 6 Most Dangerous Snakes in Georgia There are ticks, poisonous plants Plants That May Poison Your Pets : The Humane Society of the United States and if your dog is allergic to pollen, there is plenty of that. Georgia is a beautiful state.

4. Likes Lalaloopsie, Texas Carol liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster 2013 - Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 RIP
    Likes (Received)

Have a safe flight and when in Frankfurt do not be scared to ask the airline where Tank is and how he is doing. In Amsterdam I had 4 people running around in the end because all I got in the beginning was "Oh, he's fine, don't worry". Not good enough. Nobody really knew anything or could be bothered until I pushed it and push it I did! Ask for a picture!!

Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

6. Likes B770QE, Lalaloopsie, Texas Carol liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Chumly View Post
    Have a safe flight and when in Frankfurt do not be scared to ask the airline where Tank is and how he is doing. In Amsterdam I had 4 people running around in the end because all I got in the beginning was "Oh, he's fine, don't worry". Not good enough. Nobody really knew anything or could be bothered until I pushed it and push it I did! Ask for a picture!!
    omg YES!! I was just going to add " ask for a picture" everyone carrys the ability to do that!!

8. Likes Lalaloopsie liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Hceril's Avatar
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by K9ldy View Post
    I hope all goes well with your travel. As for Atlanta if you are out of the city it can be common for Coyotes to prowl. Also more chances of snakes, most are not harmful but watch out for these. 6 Most Dangerous Snakes in Georgia There are ticks, poisonous plants Plants That May Poison Your Pets : The Humane Society of the United States and if your dog is allergic to pollen, there is plenty of that. Georgia is a beautiful state.
    The snakes have been really bad this year. A few of my friends I have noticed posting in Facebook cotton mouths and copperheads in their yards over these last few weeks. My son works a Vetrinary office and they have had many dogs come in with snake bites already this year. One family had three of their dogs get bit. One was in pretty bad shape when brought in the third one was spared since he probably ran out of venom. Oh and the anti venom is not cheap!

10. Likes Lalaloopsie, Texas Carol liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Hceril's Avatar
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaloopsie View Post
    Wow, thanks, sounds cool. We actually also gonna stay south from Atlanta, we rented a house in Peachtree City and my husband will work in LaGrange. I would like to ask you, if you don't mind, do you know a good bullie vet around? I checked out the list of trusted vets for Georgia on EBN, but it never hurts to know from fellow bullie mom firsthand.
    I use a vet in Perry, Georgia. He came highly recommended by someone I met who has had many bulldogs. The vet went to school at UGA which is where the mascot is a Bulldog named Uga. I did see there were at least 3 near the Atlanta area so they are much closer to Peachtree city. Love to visit that area! They have great tennis there.

12. Likes Lalaloopsie liked this post
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster 2013 - Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 RIP
    Likes (Received)

Anxious to know how the trip went? Hoping all went smoothly.

Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

14. Likes Lalaloopsie liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Cyproheptadine (Periactin) is not a sedative, but is a sedating antihistamine that also is good for motion sickness. You could give a 4mg tablet to Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Chumly View Post
    What month are you supposed to fly? Having flown back to the US with Chumly, I would do it differently if I ever had to do anything like that again. I flew back the beginning of September and it was still too hot! It was 90 the day we landed and Chumly was stuck in the hold, then on the tarmac for over half an hour. I know because I watched the whole time and was freaking out. He was extremely stressed and scared me to death.

The most important piece of advice I can give you is wait as long as you can, October at least, November would be better. It's already too late to fly now (in the low 90s this week in Atlanta). If you have to stay behind a couple of months without your husband, then please do that. I am not trying to scare you but airlines LIE! They swore to me he would be first off the plane, before passengers, wrong. He would never sit on the tarmac, wrong. There would be someone with him when he was taken out of the hold and an air conditioned van would be waiting, wrong. Chumly was en English dog, used to an English climate, sitting in that heat nearly killed him.

You can put him in a bigger crate than he needs. You just pay more. DO NOT give him any sedatives.

Make sure he has a valid rabies certificate. That was the only thing customs asked me for but different customs officers/airports may vary.

Lots of luck with your move and please keep us informed!

16. Likes Lalaloopsie liked this post
    Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Hi everybody from sunny (well, a tiny bit rainy today) Georgia! We are happy to announce that his fluffy highness Tank arrived safely and feels ok.
    Well, it was a big ordeal for him. When we got to Atlanta cargo, he was still sitting in cage wrapped with ropes, as they cannot let them out. When I called him while waiting for personnel to give us cage, he couldn't believe it's me talking to him, and then he realised that it's me, he started to jump in his cage. It was very emotional moment when we were able to release him. He weed for 10 minutes probably when I let him out.
    Now he is washed, walked out in a beautiful Piedmont park of Atlanta ( we will stay for couple of weeks in Atlanta while our house in Peachtree is furnished) and fed with nice beef. Life is good again! My precious pupsie reunited with his family and says hello to everyone at EBN!
    Thank you very much for your support and advice guys. I appreciate it a lot!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaloopsie View Post
    Hi everybody from sunny (well, a tiny bit rainy today) Georgia! We are happy to announce that his fluffy highness Tank arrived safely and feels ok.
    Well, it was a big ordeal for him. When we got to Atlanta cargo, he was still sitting in cage wrapped with ropes, as they cannot let them out. When I called him while waiting for personnel to give us cage, he couldn't believe it's me talking to him, and then he realised that it's me, he started to jump in his cage. It was very emotional moment when we were able to release him. He weed for 10 minutes probably when I let him out.
    Now he is washed, walked out in a beautiful Piedmont park of Atlanta ( we will stay for couple of weeks in Atlanta while our house in Peachtree is furnished) and fed with nice beef. Life is good again! My precious pupsie reunited with his family and says hello to everyone at EBN!
    Thank you very much for your support and advice guys. I appreciate it a lot!
    THANK YOU LORD!!!! I have seriously been thinking of you guys for the last few days just praying that all would go perfect. That's such a frightening experience for both sides, thank goodness all turned out perfectly and Tank is now settling into his new home. Poor baby was probably so scared, but then so excited and relieved to both hear your voice and see you. I know you're swamped with the move and settling in, but when things settle down - we need some new pics of that sweet boy! So happy and relieved........... phewwwwwwwwww.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

19. Likes 2BullyMama, Lalaloopsie, Texas Carol liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Lalaloopsie So relieved that you and Tank are back together-and SAFE! I have worried about Tank and am very happy that he survived the trip!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

21. Likes 2BullyMama, Lalaloopsie, Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Cindy
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gus
    Likes (Received)

So happy all went well & y'all are together again!

23. Likes 2BullyMama, Lalaloopsie liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads