Post Poop in the house ?

amosyee

May 14, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Amos
Hello English Bulldog Nation,

My Amos has recently been not finishing his poops. (he's 1.5 yrs old) This just started a couple of weeks ago.... He is well trained to go to the door when he needs to poops or pees.... But what has been happening recently is when he goes outside to poop.... And it looks like he's finished his business I bring him back into the house .... only to find during the course of the night .... he will drop tiny chunks of poop balls.... Nothing wet or diarrhea ... just tiny little poop balls.... Are any of you bulldog owners experienced this? if yes, how can i resolve this issue?? Please advise... Thx in adv, Harry

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello and welcome! What does your dog eat? From what you are saying, he goes normal then finishes with little pellets? If that is the case most of the time the dog is dehydrated. How much water does he get, is it hot were you live etc etc.... or.......is your dog's poop all in pellet form? If so then hes constipated and he needs probiotic an better is sauerkraut.

OP
A

amosyee

May 14, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Amos
Hello Helsonwheels..... Thx you for your reply back.... We live in the Midwest... So not too dry or hot... And we always keep a full water dish by his food dish.... If dehydrated won't he drink more water?? And his poop outside looks normal .. not all in pellet form.... Amos has been living out of two houses these days....either at mine (his primary house) or at my girlfriends home.... Where I notice his eating and poop habits aren't the same.... could this be the cause of this?? Thx again, Harry

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello Helsonwheels..... Thx you for your reply back.... We live in the Midwest... So not too dry or hot... And we always keep a full water dish by his food dish.... If dehydrated won't he drink more water?? And his poop outside looks normal .. not all in pellet form.... Amos has been living out of two houses these days....either at mine (his primary house) or at my girlfriends home.... Where I notice his eating and poop habits aren't the same.... could this be the cause of this?? Thx again, Harry

Ahhhh we are getting more information bit by bit lolll.... you would have to ask your GF what she feeds him aside from his normal everyday food. Btw what is his everyday food? Also maybe hes eating or finding things to eating in the backyard or on his walks? And yes, even if your dog drinks water he still can get dehydrated. How many times you fill his bowl? Is it empty when you do. Does he take any meds? Or.......

If his eating habits has changed probably cause he's not use being in 2 houses which will cause eating habits n pooping habits. Stress can cause all sorts as in humans. If he's pooping is in pellets only when he goes to your GF and not your house, well you got your answer there.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Just a quick check here... Do you check his rear when he comes in?? I always do as,,,,,,,,,, sometimes that last little piece is hanging there waiting to fall and if I don't catch it before it does, well, it's going to fall where it may. It's always just that one, so is that what your finding? If so, quick fix is check the area right aft.. Hank usually kicks his feet up after finished and it shakes off, but still occasionally, I need to do for him... :blush:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

hi there and welcome!

Agree with Helene... what is being fed at the two homes?
Add a

Members online

No members online now.