Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is your biggest frustration with owning an English Bulldog?

Feed Store Operator MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What is your biggest frustration with owning an English Bulldog?

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols Timothy View Post
    socialization with other dogs has been the hardest for me
    Same for me , my dog is a rescue and she likes to pick fights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

Nice to bring old post alive...

To be honest I dont have any frustration owning Nyala. She's still young so maybe one day I will....lolll

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Elmo does not like all of his playmates here at home, we have 9 now, Sadie, our Smooth Hair Collie passed away 6/18/2016 with cancer. Elmo only excepts two out of nine, Bosco and Lolly Pop, they are Boston Terriers. I wish Elmo loved all dogs. I accept Elmo the way he is, he is My Elmo Boy who I Love So-oo-oo Very Much.

6. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Alyssa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murphy
    Likes (Received)

I have a few frustrations:
    1. Murphy isn't a great cuddler. She'll sleep at my feet or on my face.
    2. She tends to stop walking in the dead-middle of the road- very stubborn.
    3. (Greatest Frustration) I'm scared that Murphy will overheat. She gets too excited when we go out and does not know when to stop playing. I'm scared to even bring her to doggie daycare or have her boarded.

8. Likes Jersey liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Snoreball View Post
    3. (Greatest Frustration) I'm scared that Murphy will overheat. She gets too excited when we go out and does not know when to stop playing. I'm scared to even bring her to doggie daycare or have her boarded.
    Regarding #3, when I brought my GS to boarding cause I had to fly out, trust me they were very warn not to put him with any dog or he would rip them apart and I even had them sign it on my contract. They would take Major out on his own and play with him. You can have them put on your boarding/contract NO playing as bulldogs are known to overheat. Trust me they will keep an eye out so the dont get sued. Or what you can do is get a private dog sitter.

10. Likes Jersey, 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
    Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jersey
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Regarding #2: Jersey has always done this. Whether we've been out for 10 seconds or 10 minutes, she just stops. Doesn't look to the left or right, doesn't whine or bark. just a full stop. Like someone pulled the emergency brake. I think it's hysterical; part of the wonderfulness of her... I wait, let her gain her composure (or whatever it is she's doing) and we carry on smartly.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoreball View Post

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey View Post
    Regarding #2: Jersey has always done this. Whether we've been out for 10 seconds or 10 minutes, she just stops. Doesn't look to the left or right, doesn't whine or bark. just a full stop. Like someone pulled the emergency brake. I think it's hysterical; part of the wonderfulness of her... I wait, let her gain her composure (or whatever it is she's doing) and we carry on smartly.
    Only walk a bulldog as far as you want to carry them. --an EBN Member.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Only walk a bulldog as far as you want to carry them. --an EBN Member.
    Oh what a great saying! Who said that?-it is priceless!! Too hot to walk,too hot to leave in the car,afraid to leave in car at all,have no place to take them for fun!
    Morons who steal them-want to SELL them-not keep them. I never worried if I had to leave my Malanois in the car-ha!ha! The guy on the outside had to worry!-dscf2819-jpg
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

14. Likes rjisaterp, Texas Carol, 2BullyMama, Jersey liked this post
    Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member asherose's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
    Likes (Received)

I actually feel like the worst mom ever...I've never thought about my dogs being stolen!

My biggest frustration with Sgt. is him not letting me clean the floors! You can't be as drooly as him and not let your mom clean the floors!!!

Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley
    Likes (Received)

My biggest frustration is Chumley chewing on his paws and me not being able to stop the itch completely I have it under better control but still a prob esp when he does it in the middle of the night

Feed Store Operator MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Default What is your biggest frustration with owning an English Bulldog?

Quote Originally Posted by Mishell View Post
    My biggest frustration is Chumley chewing on his paws and me not being able to stop the itch completely I have it under better control but still a prob esp when he does it in the middle of the night
    Porkchop does this too. Another bulldog owner recommended Neem oil. I applied it on PC and it worked so far , no biting or itching. Neem oil isn't the easiest thing to find. I got mine at Herbies in Whittier, CA they have a website as well in case you can't find it in your area they might be able to send it to you.

Herbie's Natural Foods - Home Page

I hope that helps you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads