Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ellie's Crate

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Didn't know she was that old. She should be able to hold it all day long. She either has a bladder problem, or just stubborn. Our Hazel doesn't drink much water in her crate either. Drives me crazy. We add water to her food, and that helps. You might try to set up an X-pen and see if that helps.
    I'm thinking Stubborn at this point with Ellie, as she has (2) Sets of full Blood-work, both Perfect , and Sterile Urine Pull from her bladder, which was completely healthy, and she has been clear of crystals for over a month now, but She is GETTING it SLOWLY, she will stand at the top of the stairs and look at me, and then look at the door, and when she is good and ready will go down to the door, when she has to pee, she will ALWAYS go the door for #2.

Thanks and much Love,

Melissa - Ellie's Mom

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MFrey2012 View Post
    Helene - yes it is alot of hours in a crate, and i feel horrible about it everyday, you had mentioned home cooking to me in the past, but for now ellie is on a gentle supplement that seems to be keeping the crystals out of her urine.

Once she is all healed from her Spay in a few weeks, going to try and come up with a new plan

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Oh ok I thought you switched her food. I was going to say all dogs on raw or home cooking barely drinks and not to worry about it as their meals is full of moisture. Again, Nyala also had crystals when she was younger and home cooking solved that immediately. I always top Nyala's food with her turkey broth. She's doing great. She can also eat kibbles if im gone for a few days. No problemo.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hi Chip!! - she does have a cover on her crate but not a real good one, kinda thin, and doesn't cover all the way to the bottom, when I get a new one should it cover to the bottom, also what about the door??

We have done the ultimate sin, and Ellie sleeps with us, she is good sleeper, so no trouble there
    Our guys sleep with us too... never an issue and when we leave the house they are gated in the basement with their crate doors open. But, we do crate them if we are going to be gone more than 4 hours. Then we have aour pet sitter swing by to let them out.

Does she have anything in the crate, bedding? If yes, remove it and remove the divided... she if she pees on the pan
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

I would try getting her like a pen.... where she has more freedom. Maybe you can pen her off in the kitchen? Test it out to see if the barking still happens or not.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

5. Likes helsonwheels, cefe13 liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training MFrey2012's Avatar
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Our guys sleep with us too... never an issue and when we leave the house they are gated in the basement with their crate doors open. But, we do crate them if we are going to be gone more than 4 hours. Then we have aour pet sitter swing by to let them out.

Does she have anything in the crate, bedding? If yes, remove it and remove the divided... she if she pees on the pan

NOPE!! - we took out her bedding almost months ago, and put her divider back in, as suggested by her bulldog vet, to put her in potty "bootcamp", and we tried moving her divider back to give her more room, after about 4.5-6 weeks, and she peed BOTH times. As long as the divider is in place small enough to where she can't pee, she holds it.

She has a long history of peeing in her crate, as sometimes she would pee, and sometimes she wouldn't, before we got her UTI's, and Crystals, and Heat Cycle, all taken care of.

So I am also wondering if this is something she "THINKS" is Ok, that we need to "RE-train" her on...

Thanks and much Love,

Melissa - Ellie's Mom

7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training MFrey2012's Avatar
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    I would try getting her like a pen.... where she has more freedom. Maybe you can pen her off in the kitchen? Test it out to see if the barking still happens or not.
    I would to try that, but our house is Split level, AND Open floor plan.

Mama has the gears working

Thanks and much Love,

Melissa - Ellie's Mom

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Name:  Pot leaf.jpeg
Views: 19
Size:  4.9 KB
    Only thing left to do......for you that is

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

NOPE!! - we took out her bedding almost months ago, and put her divider back in, as suggested by her bulldog vet, to put her in potty "bootcamp", and we tried moving her divider back to give her more room, after about 4.5-6 weeks, and she peed BOTH times. As long as the divider is in place small enough to where she can't pee, she holds it.

She has a long history of peeing in her crate, as sometimes she would pee, and sometimes she wouldn't, before we got her UTI's, and Crystals, and Heat Cycle, all taken care of.

So I am also wondering if this is something she "THINKS" is Ok, that we need to "RE-train" her on...
    I would try the re-training. She is being stubborn and you have to show her you are alpha
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads