Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Worried about getting my new addition

Congrats on your pup, she is adorable. As long as you get a good bloodline from a show breeder, you chances of having an unhealthy pup goes way down. Usually the problems come from people who just breed to anything and pass down the undesirable traits
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

2. Likes Texas Carol, Nicoleler2385 liked this post
    ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Almost five years ago, I was in your shoes, about to bring Arnold home and posting on this very site. LOL, Now I have 3 bullies, 2 English and a Frenchie. I have learned a lot from this group. IN fact, I usually walk into the vet's, only with Bertha btw, and tell them how I want the treatment to go. Arnold and Petey are very healthy. Bertha is a weird problem magnet, some not associated with the breed at all. I think your biggest concern is how will I only have one bullie, lol

She is a beauty!!

I'm a good girl, I promise

4. Likes Texas Carol, Nicoleler2385 liked this post
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to EBN! You've joined a very breed knowledgeable site & wonderful, caring members
    that truly care about helping you & your bully be happy & healthy. An easy site to navigate &
    lots of great articles to guide you, and plenty of bully puppy education. Any intelligent person
    would naturally begin to worry about health issues once researching this breed, so much back
    yard breeding has truly caused horrors & heartbreak. However, I've been amazed at how many
    bulldogs that have been issue free during their lifetimes & the numbers of 10-13 year old bullies.

Your baby is so adorable, can't wait to see more pics of her growing up! Can't wait to read about
    your visit tonight either Again, welcome here and don't be shy...we're certainly not, lol

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

6. Likes Nicoleler2385, CCandMurray liked this post
    Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    None yet
    Likes (Received)

She couldn't have been any cuter. She was fussy when we picked her up and then she just gave in and passed out. Can not wait to get her!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

8. Likes Ftse 100, Texas Carol liked this post
    Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I see where your coming from with the worry and like everyone has said good food, great vet and keep them healthy us all you can do I have been very lucky with FTSE just a few food allergies which we have sorted out and Cherry eye which was fixed. I had way more problems with my pugs than I have had with FTSE he has actually been a breeze after my pug Tei- Arnna.

Once you bring that precious baby home all your worries will disappear and you will fall so in love with her, she is absolutely gorgeous
    Two little having fun together

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubb Chubb
    Likes (Received)

congrats on your first new bully puppy!!! i remember how excited i was when my husband and i picked up our little boy. i always visited this forum as a guest before, and it's definitely the place to come for advice/support and everything bulldog related hehe. Best of luck with her!!!

11. Likes Texas Carol, Nicoleler2385, brutus77 liked this post
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Kristy;671706]congrats on your first new bully puppy!!! i remember how excited i was when my husband and i picked up our little boy. i always visited this forum as a guest before, and it's definitely the place to come for advice/support and everything bulldog related hehe. Best of luck with her!!

Sorry I missed your joining up post but wanted to welcome you to EBN

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubb Chubb
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Texas Carol;671709]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    congrats on your first new bully puppy!!! i remember how excited i was when my husband and i picked up our little boy. i always visited this forum as a guest before, and it's definitely the place to come for advice/support and everything bulldog related hehe. Best of luck with her!!

Sorry I missed your joining up post but wanted to welcome you to EBN
    Thank you so much! i haven't posted in the welcome thread yet but will try and do so tomorrow hehe

14. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Oh goodness, she is CUTE!!!!!! I wanna squeeze that little face!

Don't worry, that's the first step! Figure out her quirks, likes, dislikes, keep her on a good quality food and treats and you should be just fine. Everything else with bullies is manageable. Ruthie and Brutus couldn't be more different. One has health problems, one doesn't. One is a perfect angel, the other is a hellion. Make sure your vet is well versed in bullies and you should be just fine! Best of luck with that little baby.

16. Likes Nicoleler2385, Texas Carol liked this post
    The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Congratulations on deciding to be owned by a bulldog. Most of the folks have mentioned a high quality food, make sure you have metal bowls for food and water, a crate to crate train and keep them safe while you aren't watching them. What I have found with my girls is just watching them to make sure they have a safe environment to live in. That means keeping things up they cannot swallow so no obstructions; we try to bully proof the house as much as possible which also meant we live with the bare and I mean bare necessities. hehe; bullies are curious and check out everything and will get into everything; they are worse than having two year olds so, multiple a two year old by 3 and that is what you have. They will destroy things, shred things, eat your shoes, woodwork, drapes, shower curtains, children's toys (my daughter had a brigade of Barbie amputees growing up), anything they can get into their mouths they will eat or try to eat it. DO NOT TAKE your EYES off your new bully, always know what they are up to all the time and that should eliminate some of the health situations. No stuffed animals until you know how your bully acts, they may eat the stuffing. As long as you know what they are up to that is 3/4's of the battle. Good luck!!

18. Likes Nicoleler2385, Texas Carol liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Omgoooodness! Watch out- I picked up Lockjaw and 6 weeks later headed back to my breeder to pick up his sister. Lol
    Have you checked out your breeder? We're both parents on site? Did they have health certificates? Vet records? Make you sign a contract? If they have that, you can see how healthy the parents are and if they had any problems. That will help determine the health of your baby.
    The only issue I move had so far with either of them was that Lockjaw popped a cherry eye. Other than that - no real problems. Parents both had wide nares, but mine turned out with narrow nares. Just like someone suggested in an earlier post- we had both their nares widened during spay/neuter surgeries. Now we just tell people they both got nose jobs! LMBO- anyway, coconut oil is awesome to start her out on. It helps keep their skin and coat nice and soft aside from al of the health benefits it offers. Apple Cider vinegar in her water. That has tons of benefits as well but really helps prevent bladder infections. With hazel wipes to wipe folds daily. If you start everything early on- she'll be used to it and it'll be an easier transition. Any transitions with food should be slow to avoid tummy issues and diarrhea.
    You'll learn as you go, you can never do too much research and this forum is AMAZING!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads