This humidity is killing me : stinky moist face

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
This humidity is killing me. I am cleaning his face twice a day with witch hazel and using corn starch to dry. I started this regimen after noticing some stinky face. It seems to be working. In the winter I only cleaned once a day with witch hazel. Any other tips or tricks for keeping the face and wrinkles dry in the summer?

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
We are all in the same boat I'm afraid..Fold and skin issues are the thing this summer.I've also used Neosporin and diaper rash cream and Vetericyn..the works..We are headed to our vet as we speak for skin ailments

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Right there with you... both my boys are suffering with this humidity and that is only being outside for a few minutes a day to potty

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
My Jewelie girl has got a Grand Canyon of a nose rope. I am using Duoxo wipes on a daily sometimes twice daily for her. Bentley fairs much better and I only have to clean him up daily.

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
My Jewelie girl has got a Grand Canyon of a nose rope. I am using Duoxo wipes on a daily sometimes twice daily for her. Bentley fairs much better and I only have to clean him up daily.

Where can I find the best price on duoxo wipes?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Where can I find the best price on duoxo wipes?

Hi Kim. I get them delivered from chewy.com. I think the 30 count of pads is just under $10. They also have a spray but I do not recall the price. I would use my wife's make-up remover pads with any of the sprays such as Vetericyn. I hope this helps

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You can make your own Duoxo pads. Buy a gallon of chlorohexidene online and get some cotton makeup rounds. Get a container you can seal a fill it with the makeup rounds. Dilute the chlorohexidene to the strength you want and pour it over the pads and seal. When you run out just make some more. It is a lot cheaper than constantly buying the premade pads as did this 2 years ago and still have about a quarter gallon left. Just remember to keep the chlorohexidene jug in a dark place and it should last a year or two.

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
You can make your own Duoxo pads. Buy a gallon of chlorohexidene online and get some cotton makeup rounds. Get a container you can seal a fill it with the makeup rounds. Dilute the chlorohexidene to the strength you want and pour it over the pads and seal. When you run out just make some more. It is a lot cheaper than constantly buying the premade pads as did this 2 years ago and still have about a quarter gallon left. Just remember to keep the chlorohexidene jug in a dark place and it should last a year or two.

Where do you buy yours? I have been looking but they all seem to have dyes in them. Is there somewhere I can buy it without added ingredients or minimal ingredients?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Where do you buy yours? I have been looking but they all seem to have dyes in them. Is there somewhere I can buy it without added ingredients or minimal ingredients?
Amazon. Never had any issues with the green or blue. They have one that is clear but it is a small bottle.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.