Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Dog Food Storage

I pour my food in an air tight seal container as well from petsmart and have never had any problems! Good luck!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)

didn't know this was even possible, before I even posted this I ran downstairs and looked in the bag....luckily nothin there...creeped me out reading this

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the advice everyone!

I have done a good job of cleaning the containers with a anti-bacterial kitchen spray but, just to be safe, since I just opened another bag, I am going to clean them up really well again and if that doesn't work, I am going to call the place I get the food since it's been a reoccurring problems and I'm not sure where they are storing them or if they are rotating them properly. I did check the expiration date on this bag and it's still fresh and I inspected the bag carefully so it should be good.

If I continue to have my problems, I think I am going to try what Libra does and see if I can split it up and put it in the fridge or freezer.

Also, just a reminder to everyone that it's wise to save your dog food bag for a couple days after open it just in case there's a problem - the place I buy food has a policy that you must have the bag to make a return!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@sheshistory, what about keeping it in the bag and putting it in the container? I posted earlier that I have not had this problem, but the inside of the bags have a waxy covering so maybe that would help? I keep Vegas's bag a good 10 days after I open from learning from a post a few months ago.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    @sheshistory, what about keeping it in the bag and putting it in the container? I posted earlier that I have not had this problem, but the inside of the bags have a waxy covering so maybe that would help? I keep Vegas's bag a good 10 days after I open from learning from a post a few months ago.
    Yes, that's another idea - to make it harder in case anything is trying to get in - plus I think the bags have a zip lock up at the top.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

wow i feel awful after reading all these posts of keeping food in a container... all my life we have always kept the dog food in the bag and never had a problem.
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lexterwayne View Post
    wow i feel awful after reading all these posts of keeping food in a container... all my life we have always kept the dog food in the bag and never had a problem.

Yes you should be ashamed for not treating your bully and his food in the correct way .... Lex is obviously mis-treated and needs to come and live with me where he can be fed from a plastic air-tight container!! When can I expect his arrival?????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads