Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does your Bully scratch up your wood floors?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Does your Bully scratch up your wood floors?

I agree, those floors look great, and I bet it does not have streaks like the laminate!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Ditto to LisaRN, those floors are awesome!! I have to look into those myself

We have wood flooring now and Winston has scratched those up real well. We have to get the floors re-done and my hubby wants to go with carpet.

In the past we had laminate flooring and it was absolutley great! It stood up to all kinds of abuse and did not scratch up. But it was difficult for the dogs to get up good traction when they tried to run............

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfjen50 View Post
    But it was difficult for the dogs to get up good traction when they tried to run............
    AND it is HILARIOUS to watch! LOL

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
    Likes (Received)

We have all tile in the house except the kids room and part of my room, I love it.. So easy to clean, I have a shark steam mop that I use about once a week to sanitize the floor other then that I just run a mop over it with mr clean.. LOVE it.. I too love your floor LisaRN...

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I have wood laminate floors and tile on my first floor, where the dogs live.

I would recommend the laminate wood flooring. I have had no problems with scratches or knicks but would caution that the dogs do have trouble getting footing on the floor and have gone flying into a door or wall more than once. It's easy to clean and, as @desertskybulldogs points out, nothing cleans it better than a mop and dry. I used a Hoover Spin Scrub and a SteamVac and nothing worked as well as wash and hand dry.

The tile is okay but the grout looks dirty and if there is an accident, you can have a hard time getting the remnants of the accident out of the grout areas.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Real Name
    Mike Blaylock
    Bulldog(s) Names
    SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
    Likes (Received)

I got maple floor in the kitchen, Duke has never scratched it.......but.......if goes running into the kitchen after a tossed toy.......he'll slide and crash cause he can't stop. It use to be funny until he took out two chairs on our dinette set when he slide into them. Sooooooo, we limit our tossing of the toys to down the carpet hallway these days.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

I read somewhere that it's not good for their joints to be on floors like this all the time ... that they should have lots of area rugs. Anyone know if there's truth to that?
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

I know too much bare floors, of any kind, I think, is not good for them. When we first got Arrow, we lived in a house that was entirely ceramic tile. He was going to handling classes, we planned to show him. But slipping and sliding, even as a puppy, on all that tile effected his gait. His hind feet actually turned out and he was walking so goofy, he couldn't be shown. Then we moved when he was about 8 months old. This house has carpet everywhere except the bathrooms, kitchen and the laundry room. Within a couple months of no tile, his gait had completely corrected itself. (Of course by then our daughter, who was going to show him, had turned 16, gotten her drivers license, a car and her first job. So she was no longer interested in showing him.) But the carpet was soooo much better for him!
    Also, update on the flooring question for our family room: We had a carpet guy come out and he was honest with us (that's a surprise, huh?). He said he thought if we had the carpeting professionally cleaned (we have a Hoover steam-cleaner we'd been using), he thought we'd see a big difference. He said he didn't think the carpet was as "dead" as I thought. So we had the whole house professionally cleaned (with the truck-mounted thing, pretreat and all) and we're really pleased! Now, after seeing @LisaRN's lovely "wood look" floors, we may go that route later on. But right now, we're glad we just had everything cleaned.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

@LisaRN flooring! I contacted the company when this was first posted to find a dealer in the area.. they never contacted me back

I'm glad your carpet came out nice @Gertie's Mom ! I hated the junk in our living room, but hubby was dead set against taking it out.. He went on an all day fishing trip once and me and the doggies ripped it out He doesn't go away all day anymore ...
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Woody
    Likes (Received)

whole house is wood floors.

the dremel/oster nail grinder is awesome, BTW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads