Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: microchipping. who's pets are and aren't? your thoughts?

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member laurentourville's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren Tourville
    Rockingham, VT
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tessa&Samson View Post
    Samson is microchipped. He wears his collar with his ID on it whenever no one is home. If I am home I take it off because I am sure it is more comfortable that way but I figure if someone breaks into my home, theres a fire or something while I'm gone then my phone number is easily accessible right there on his collar.
    i only put horse's collar on when we go outside, he has gotten his collar stuck on the cabinet handles and random other things in our house and if i wasnt there to help him, he would've choked to death, so now i never leave his collar on when he is alone! not sure if he is just accident-prone or if this happens to other bullies, but just something to keep in mind.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Both Vegas and Orion are chipped also. Vegas gets run of the house when we aren't home, and his collar that he has on easily pulls over his head. We are not worried about him getting it stuck on anything. Orion always has a collar one because she is fast and we need SOMETHING to grab onto as she darts by. I feel good about the microchipping, but I'm with those who want to make the scanning mandatory. Vegas and Orion are very popular at our vet office, so if they were ever brought in by someone other than my husband or I, we would get notified. If they were to take them to another office, who knows. It makes me nervous. I don't have to worry about them being stolen for breeding purposes, we took care of that when they were 6 months old. I'm sure of 2 things 1) If Vegas was stolen, it would only be a matter of time before he ended up a the vet's office. Without his daily meds, he would eventually have a seizure. 2) If Orion was stolen, someone is almost sure to return her after 24 hours with her. She literally bounces off the walls, and cries if she doesn't have stinkybear 1, 2, or 3 to suck on at night.:p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads