Drinking Water

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Haha Barkley likes to drink from a squeeze bottle too if we're at the park or in the car or something. He hardly ever will drink out of water bowls at the park so I have to make him drink out of a bottle.

Barkley had a Lixit in his crate when we very first got him but it was so messy and dripped all over his crate, so we got a bowl that attaches to crate instead. Hopefully Buttercup has a better experience with it though!!

Thanks for the Lixit heads up! Maybe we will try putting a plastic tray and/or towel under it. Right now the squeeze bottle is the only way to get her to drink when I want her to drink, like when we're leaving the house for a while or during a walk when she looks like she's getting too warm. Fortunately she seems to really like it. She drinks 2-3 times more water per day with water bottle + bowl than she did with just the bowl approach. Some days she doesn't drink from the bowl at all, though.

Speaking of bowls, we're using one of our ceramic bowls for her water, but after she left it untouched yesterday I tried it and it actually seemed to have imparted a strange licorice flavor. So it's worth it to check if the bowl makes the water taste funny after it sits in there a while (as it always will in Buttercup's case).

Members online

No members online now.