Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help us Make a puppy decision!!!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help us Make a puppy decision!!!

congrats on picking a puppy, pics are absolutely adorable!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn
    Likes (Received)

THANKS GUUYS!! We are so excited! @kazzy220.............the breeder said we can visit any time we'd like...only problem is that he's about 3 hours away from where we live maybe one day after xmas we will go see him.... but it really is a whole day production just to go see him for a lil bit!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Hopefully the breeder will send you updated pics every week, since visits aren't going to happen often. Congrats! The 4 weeks will be come and gone in no time and he'll be home with you.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

I wouuld ask if either breeder shows or has shown their breeding "stock" Show dogs look the best and tend to be the healthiest. I hope it turns out good for you and your family. Also if they dont ask enough questions to you like your living situation, where you plan to keep the pup, what kind of food you plan on feeding, etc. then they might just be in it for the money. Also did they health test the mom and dad. If they got a stud then you could research him on the AKC website and see if he has been tested and if he is pointed. I wish that i would have researched the breed way better before i got tubby. She is an awesome dog just has a few kinks that was from poor breeding practices.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bayou Beau Winston Cropley
    Likes (Received)

I am a bulldog breeder. When I am shopping for a new bulldog to add, I look for puppies with the best pedigree i can afford. Count the number of Champions in their 3-5 generation pedigree. I want to see lots of champions in each generation. Champions in their background tell me a couple of things....1 is that they fit the AKC bulldog standard for conformation and that they look like a bulldog is supposed to look. 2nd is it tells me that these were show dogs who were successful in winning.....they had to be healthy to be in the show ring and healthy background is very important to know. We only purchase and breed multi-champion blood lines for these reasons, as well as other reasons. You want to see both parents, and grandparents if possible. Chances are, they are going to look very much like one of them. The pedigree will also reflect if they are linebreeding or cross breeding, etc.... We do not like to breed daughters to fathers, etc.... Good luck with your search and new ownership of this great breed. They are such a delight.
    Kathryn Thomas

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tanker or Tank or Tankie..Depends on his expression.
    Likes (Received)

I am late also about giving input and I'm going to look the pictures here in a second. I am wondering if the first breeders were amish or something similar. Notice the clothing, blankets and could be the reason that they keep them outside..just sayin'.

Keep us updated once he arrives.. Good luck!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads