Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jenna
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse

I use the one cup acv to gallon warm water....I rinse after letting it sit for about 5 minutes...does help with the doggie odor...she can go longer in between baths

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter
    Likes (Received)

What kinda ACV? I use the Braggs to put in Dexters water but would the Walmart stuff work for a rinse? Ths Braggs is $8 a liter

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    I do not see why not. We use the filtered ACV so it doesn't have all the floaty stuff in it.

We do it after rinsing off all of the shampoo as it helps to remove all of the residue. We let it soak in for 5 to 10 minutes and then dry her off. Others may do another warm water rinse and then dry off.
    Unfiltered with the "mother" I believe has more benefits-

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

I use about 1 cup of vinegar to a gallon of water. Any Vinegar is good for the rinse but I do use the Organic Apple Cider Vinegar made by Bragg (with the mother on the label). If you plan on putting the vinegar in the drinking water only use the organic ACV preferably by Bragg. I use the Vinegar rinse as the final rinse and I do leave it on for a few minutes before drying. This does prevent the "wet doggy smell" and their fur is soft and shiny.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by marianne View Post
    I use the one cup acv to gallon warm water....I rinse after letting it sit for about 5 minutes...does help with the doggie odor...she can go longer in between baths

What odors? A dog shouldn't have an odor unless its been out playing in the rain or something. There has to be an underlying issue. I don't bathe any of mine u less necessary. Duchess has to be going on 3-4 months and her fur is beautifully shiny- everyone that lets her says she feels like silk - she has zero odor. The same goes for duke he has zero odor but I am working on getting his fur as soft and silky as duchess

Bulldog(s) Names
    Seamus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scueva View Post
    What odors? A dog shouldn't have an odor unless its been out playing in the rain or something. There has to be an underlying issue. I don't bathe any of mine u less necessary. Duchess has to be going on 3-4 months and her fur is beautifully shiny- everyone that lets her says she feels like silk - she has zero odor. The same goes for duke he has zero odor but I am working on getting his fur as soft and silky as duchess
    I think it depends where you live. We live in DC and Seamus is always sniffing and peeing right where a zillion other dogs pee. Since he is relatively short to the ground he starts smelling after two weeks or so. Plus he rolls around in the few grassy patches we have near our building, which is most likely filled with dog pee. Its lovely. Can't wait to move out of the city and get our own yard! I grew up with dogs on 100 acres in Upstate New York and we never had to bathe them.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

@marianne is the odor you are smelling smell like fritos?

Real Name
    Buffy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dually
    Likes (Received)

I have never used ACV and now I'm wondering if I should!! Doesn't it leave a strong vinegar smell?? Dually is constantly going in his pool and therefore always smells like a soggy doggy!! Would do anything not to have him smell like that and have nice soft shiny hair.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by buffym View Post
    I have never used ACV and now I'm wondering if I should!! Doesn't it leave a strong vinegar smell?? Dually is constantly going in his pool and therefore always smells like a soggy doggy!! Would do anything not to have him smell like that and have nice soft shiny hair.
    It does smell a bit until they are totally dry, but after that they smell all nice and fresh... Until the next time they go and roll around in the mud that is. lol

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, I use the same measurement, I cup to 1 gallon, pour it on the body after you rinse the shampoo off, and leave it on for about 5 minutes, then I do a warm water rinse, but you can leave it on if you like.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads