Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Health insurance

We have Petsecure for both our guys. They have different levels that you can purchase. We put both on level 4, the puppy wellness plan for their first year, because it covers all the puppy stuff like first puppy exams, stool samples, vaccinations, spay/neuter surgeries. It also covers $50,000 for surgeries and illness, as well as $50,000 for any accidents such as motor vehicle accidents, and other accidents. We had all the puppy stuff done, and Blossom developed cherry eye in both eyes at 5 months, so when she was spayed at 7 months we had her eyes repaired. Bulldozer has only had neuter surgery, but he hurt his back paw when we first brought him home, and required X-rays, medication, and follow up check up, he has swallowed socks twice, and a dish cloth, for which he has been able to pass, but one sock did make him sick, and he needed IV, medication for pain, and laxatives to help him pass it, we almost had to go to surgery which would have cost about $5,000. There are other things it covers such as alternative treatments, and behaviour, etc. the puppy wellness level cost $125 a month, which more than paid for itself in their first year. After they turned one we dropped down to level 3 and now pay $55 a month. It still covers the $50,000 for accidents and illnesses as level 4, and the alternative and behaviour therapies, annual vaccinations, and exams. I'm not familiar with which insurance you have in the USA, but you do have Petsecure, and Trupanion. I was given 3 different pamphlets from my vet when I first brought them, and they recommended Petsecure because they said the coverage was good and for the ease of claims. They place the money directly into your bank account, and are pretty quick in processing the claim, and they cover 80%. I recommend insurance because you have a lot of expenses for the first year with all the puppy exams, vaccinations, etc, plush you never know what will come up with your baby, or what accident can happen, and the vet bills can be really expensive, so any coverage helps with the bills.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    We have Petsecure for both our guys. They have different levels that you can purchase. We put both on level 4, the puppy wellness plan for their first year, because it covers all the puppy stuff like first puppy exams, stool samples, vaccinations, spay/neuter surgeries. It also covers $50,000 for surgeries and illness, as well as $50,000 for any accidents such as motor vehicle accidents, and other accidents. We had all the puppy stuff done, and Blossom developed cherry eye in both eyes at 5 months, so when she was spayed at 7 months we had her eyes repaired. Bulldozer has only had neuter surgery, but he hurt his back paw when we first brought him home, and required X-rays, medication, and follow up check up, he has swallowed socks twice, and a dish cloth, for which he has been able to pass, but one sock did make him sick, and he needed IV, medication for pain, and laxatives to help him pass it, we almost had to go to surgery which would have cost about $5,000. There are other things it covers such as alternative treatments, and behaviour, etc. the puppy wellness level cost $125 a month, which more than paid for itself in their first year. After they turned one we dropped down to level 3 and now pay $55 a month. It still covers the $50,000 for accidents and illnesses as level 4, and the alternative and behaviour therapies, annual vaccinations, and exams. I'm not familiar with which insurance you have in the USA, but you do have Petsecure, and Trupanion. I was given 3 different pamphlets from my vet when I first brought them, and they recommended Petsecure because they said the coverage was good and for the ease of claims. They place the money directly into your bank account, and are pretty quick in processing the claim, and they cover 80%. I recommend insurance because you have a lot of expenses for the first year with all the puppy exams, vaccinations, etc, plush you never know what will come up with your baby, or what accident can happen, and the vet bills can be really expensive, so any coverage helps with the bills.
    we use petsecure as well, level 2, so we have no wellness coverage but they did cover about 3000 of our 4000 bill for tooth extraction and palate surgery earlier this year. our deductible is 500, and they pay 80% up to 2500 per condition/accident/disease PER YEAR. per year is really important, in case a long term issue arises. I'm glad we have it. our policy costs about 50/month.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

We have trupanion for both of our boys. Havent had to use it yet (knock on wood) but if something should happen I know we would pretty much bankrupt ourselves trying to make them better. We have the $200 deductible for Fergus and $1000 deductible for our lab

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

We use PetPlan and I LOVE them, thankfully we purchased it early before anything would be considered pre-existing. At first my husband was upset about it but when we had issues with Otis's leg it saved us $3,000.00 out of pocket. Now hubby is thankful we have it.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by christyjulene View Post
    Own a bulldog get insurance fast before you have any pre-existing conditions.
    Excellent advice! I mentioned Chums occasional head tremors during his first visit. 6 months later I got health coverage. A year after that he went to the vet twice for it and the company wouldn't pay because it was pre existing. I switched companies to Trupanion..and after his rabies shot his tremors went from once a month to 6 times a day..I never filed a claim because I know even though Im sure he was over vaccinated and that made it worse theyre going to claim its pre existing. Im kind of screwed now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads