Opinion or fact?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I think two is better than one because they have someone just like them and a companion. I live in an apartment now but I will be getting another one in febuary and I figured that as long as I can afford to take care of two then the rest will work itself out. I know we will more sooner or later into a bigger place but for now we are just going to roll with it.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
@GoGween said we can get another when we get a house, which will maybe be another year or sooner....is a 2 year old bully too old to introduce a sis/bro? I remember our beagle growing up HATEF the other dogs we got haha

Stiggy was 1 1/2 and Punks was 4 when they were introduced to each other. Can't say that they're best buds as they still like their independence, but they get along well considering. It's been more than a year now and I think they're still getting closer everyday. Caught Stiggy using Punks as a chin rest last night, that's very rare!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I think it depends on the Bully. I have litter mates a brother and a sister, and I brought them home together. They are company for each other, and they play together, sometimes only with each other. When we go to a park or leash free park with other dogs, , they will play and chase the other dogs temporarily, but then won't bother with them too much, they kind of stick to each other, they will chase each other, and play bite each others ears. Personally I think everyone should have more than one Bully, but it also depends on the personality of the dog, some dogs are friendly around dogs or cats , and kids, other dogs are not so friendly. I think you have to know the nature and personality of your dog, and what they like and tolerate. If you get your dogs together, and they grow up together , it's not usually a problem , or if your dog is well socialized you can introduce a new pet usually without any problems. But some dogs are best suited to be an only pet, as they don't tolerate other dogs, or cats, and may be more aggressive, this also might be true if you have an older dog and then introduce a new pet, they may not accept the new dog because they are kind of set in their ways or territorial , and used to being any only pet.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas is an only child, but in my opinion 2 is better than 1, IF ONLY I could convince my hubby! :cursing:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Irrelevant to breed,,,,, two are better than one as long as you have a strong pack leader and two personalities that can work together

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Unless you are home or have your dog (any breed) with you the majority of every day, I'd say 2 is better than one. Samson and Loki never seem to be all that interested in eachother, Loki is a beagle and naturally they are both TOTALLY different and I think that has alot to do with it. BUT oh my goodness, if one leaves the house without the other, the one left behind becomes hysterical! I always think if I were a dog and my parents left me home alone Monday through Friday when they went to work, I'd prefer to have a friend at home to keep me company while they are gone.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.