cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Question about Xpens...can they open up to act as a "gate"? And are they generally heavy enough so that if bully jumps on it, the xpen won't get knocked over?

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
I have done the door training as well and my pups are very good, however better safe than sorry, especially since you have your parents which will effect the consistency of your door training. As a precaution I installed a 3 foot black 'looks like wrought iron' garden fence around a large area surrounding the front door outside. The fencing is sold in sections, and just pushes into the ground, so easy to install yourself, and when all the sections are connected it is really quite sturdy. The only thing I need to fix is that I want the gate to be auto-latching, which I will work on next. The fencing is sold a Lowes and other home improvement places for a reasonable cost and is attractive. Good thing if you don't cement in, is that you can take with you if you move.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy crap.... I'd be a mess everyday going to work! Like Becky said..... ex-pens everywhere!

Members online

No members online now.