Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bully eats really fast

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bully eats really fast

We have brought ruby a slow down bowl with all humps in it it did slow her down a lot but she did snort and grunt more haha we also got her a bowl with a floater bit in the middle so she don't have to stick her whole mouth in the bowl :-) thanks again peeps x

Feed Store Operator
    Phx, Az.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bully eats really fast

This was a good read. I have many bulldogs and everyone of them gulps. Only one of them ever had any problem with throwing up after eating.

I use a kibble that is very small. Easy to swallow so this avoids any choking...99% of the time. But every time I feed them I stand there and WATCH them closely. they eat in 45-90 seconds depending on the size of the dog and how much food they get. I did have to do the Heimlich on one of them. I could tell right away from the color of the tongue turning pale blue. One squeeze and she was fine.

Scared me to death !

I think I will look into the slow-feed bowls first. I think the balls would freak out my dogs too much?

Good Day~

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads