Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Chunk came with his name from his previous mommy. He was named after the movie "The Goonies" which we happen to love too so it is perfect!
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
    Likes (Received)

Its kind of a sad story....

My dad told us that when we were little that the man who lived above us (owner of building) had a EB named rocky...I guess the man didn't take care of him and left him one day in hot porch and he overheated and passed....:'(...... Poor dog

So we were thinking of names... And my dad kept yelling ROCKYYYYY...ROCKY...ROCKY....ROCKKKKKYYY...and it just stuck...

We felt bad, and wanted to give him a good name and remember the poor bubba who didn't have a chance....poor guy...!!

My tough guy dad almost shed a tear....

Jenna Zepeda

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

Gator~ My husband didn't really want to get a puppy so my daughters and I went to look at them and my husband stayed home. When we saw him, d my 6yo said, Daddy would name him Gator (my husband went to UF). So we went home and I showed my hubby a picture and said that our daughter named him Gator. That is how I got him to cave on buying him. lol.

Gypsy~ again my husband wasn't too into getting a second puppy (or so I thought), especially since we hoodwinked him into Gator just a few months before but I managed to get him to come with us to look. He REALLY liked one of the boys but two seconds after I walked in the door, I just focused on Gypsy so he caved and let me choose her if he could name her. Turns out that the man that didn't want a puppy had ALREADY looked at names online and picked one!!! I think this time he tricked me . We call her Gypsy Rose because she has a white face and her skin looks pink like the rosebush outside the door.

heff101

Heff used to be a stud dog so when we bought him we changed his name to Heffener (Hugh).

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Lex is Jeffs dream dog and when we went and looked he feel in love w lex. So we started thinkin of names and jeff said lex, like lex Luther, cause he wanted him to be a king we thought that fit him great. The other day maddy, Jeffs oldest girl, said I was lookin up what names ment and guess what lex's means? Of course we couldn't figure it out. She said it means king, and oooo that name has set w him his whole life. He is definitely the king around this house!! It was cool cause we had no clue that that's what lex ment.
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Wrigley (Wriggers, Wrigster, Mister Wrigs, Fatman, Lil Fatman)
    Likes (Received)

Awesome thread...there's not much of a story behind Wrigley's name. I am a huge Cubs fan and I thought naming him after the Cubs field suited him.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

I was originally going to get a male bulldog from a different breeder and already had a name picked out..I was going to call him Romeo. Mostly because bulldogs are my true love and owning one would be a dream come true..haha. Cheesy, I know. Plus I like the name. When I get a male..I'll probably name him Romeo.

Needless to say things fell through with that breeder and I ended up contacting a different one and found little miss Delilah's picture and fell in love. She was either going to be Dolly or Delilah..I eventually chose Delilah, it just seemed to fit. Not really a huge story behind it but it's a cute name.

Rooney is named after the greatest English soccer player....Wayne Rooney

Bulldog(s) Names
    Katie
    Likes (Received)

Katie was already named when we got her (she was 4). Her full name on her papers is "Princess Katie Dodo's Baby" haha

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads