Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

Love the name Hitch, what a great story!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dempsey
    Likes (Received)

Dempsey's dad is named Sir Holyfield, we were thinking of names and wanted to keep the boxing names and of course wanted to have an irish name so he was named Dempsey for Jack Dempsey the (irish) boxer.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    I had to (and still have too) explain to everyone that Orion is a girl. I look at the name and automatically think girl....because I'm use to it. I don't know what name I would have chosen if I had discovered her personality first.....Orion to me means PITA. Pain In The ***. In fact, we had a patient come in to fill an antibiotic for her child. The prescription read Orion. I said..."Oh, I love that name. How old is she?" The lady looked at me with knife eyes..."you mean HE?" I apologized and pulled a picture from my work station. I said "I forget that Orion is typically a male's name, here is a photo of my Orion". The lady looked at her photo and smiled. She said "I've never even thought of it as a girls name". Mallo would be a cute all white bulldog name. Short for Marshmallow of course.
    Now I finally understand where you get PITA from!!!!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

My wife and I initially looked at the names of Greek Gods like Apollo, Zeus, and Ares, but we wanted something a little more grounded. We tried to avoid human names, but eventually we rellented and we toyed with Sammy and Bruce. However as I looked more and more at the photos from the breeder he seemed to me to look like a Winston. So my wife and I toyed with it and we really liked and so did all of our family members. Later on when someone was petting Winston at the park they asked if it was because of Winston Churchill, that never even ocurred to me, but I said, "yeah sure!"

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

Butler got his name because the night that he was found wandering the streets, the butler bulldogs were playing duke in a basketball championship game. the rescuer who picked him up rescued another boy that night as well, and named him duke.
    I get asked if i named him butler because he has a white glove, i think that is a cute idea too!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by laurentourville View Post
    oh, and it's pretty funny when Braeden tells people that he has a "horse" at his house, then waits for their reaction and tells them Horse is his dog!
    That is so cute and I love the pic at the end of your post! Precious!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Stig's registered name is 'The Stig'. He's named after a driver from a popular British car show called 'Top Gear'. Do you know it? The Stig's a car tester/driver and wears an all white racing suit with a helmet always on, so you don't know who's behind it. In short, top gear = bf's fave show, stig = 'The Stig" = all white = just like my Stiggy!
    @savemejeebus Ah ha!!!!! Everytime I looked at that name I always wondered if he was named after Top Gear!! Now I have the answer!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@kazzy220 - lol. Yay, another top gear fan =). It's funny everybully's name suits him/her. I can't ever see Stig not being Stiggy, or even your Daddy not being Daddy. Great dedication by the way.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

This is an old thread but I love it! Thinking maybe some of us newer peeps would like to tell the story behind their bully names! I'll start! well..we let our granddaughter Ayden..age 7...make a list of potential names. Then we voted on it! Democracy in action! She had 200 names.. and some were...well let's just say very creative! Dave and I narrowed the never ending list down to 5 names and Jake won! Naw....WE won..cuz we have Jake!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

sarah's nickname cow started as a joke from the movie sweet home alabama. Sarah has this thing where she will sit down and then fling herself onto her back. no laying down and rolling over for her. It is so funny to see her sitting next to me on the couch and then before i know it she has flung herself onto her back. I had just saw that movie sweet home alabama and it reminded me so much of the part where she had cow tipped when she was younger. I made up this joke about sarah and cow tipping and showed it to my bf when he got home. it was so funny and we laughed our heads off that somehow the name cow just stuck after that. so now she is sarah or cow or cow cow. funny the places our pets names can come from.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Valentine and Dolly
    Likes (Received)

We've had:

Syd--rescued so she already had her name
    Polka--my daughter saw her be born and she had a dot so she called her polka...daughter was 2.5
    Valentine--breeder named her and she was born on valentines day and has a heart on her hind leg
    Dolly--adopted...already had her name

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella and Neelix
    Likes (Received)

Bella was simple just Bella the Bulldog but my wife named Neelix as she knew I love star trek and he was all wrinkly and spotty :-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads