Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 45

Thread: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

  1. #13
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    TessaAndSamson's Avatar
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,262
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    8
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

    Yes great thread idea!!!! We went through alot of names when we first got Samson but Samson was the one that stuck and I think its a great name for him. He is registered as Samson AKA Sammy Two-Tone, Sammy Two Tone came about because his face is half brown/red half white so his face was 2 toned and we joked it was his gangster name. I really did think it was cute though so thats how I registered him. I also like Brutus and Cash alot, those were the other seriously considered names.

    "Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

  2. #14
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    mammyglicks's Avatar
    Posts
    1,127
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

    We batted around several names. Master Chief, Thor, Hulk, Jaws and several others. I personally like the military names. His litter name was Slug. Now when I first read that I was thinking, you know bullets, slugs, etc. Then my hubby reminded me what else slugs were. HA. So around the 3rd day we had him home (I mostly called him baby) my husband was petting his head and his ears were down and I swear he looked like a polar bear. Than aha Bear was born. Then i wanted something catchy for his AKC name. This little puppy was flying around the house. I love snoopy, I love planes, he is considered red and white sooooooo he became Harper's Red Bearan (Spelled wrong on purpose).

    I want an all white female to mate with Bear so I am trying to think of some great names. But I guess I won't really know until we get one because what I pick might not be her personality.

  3. #15
    Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Libra926's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1148
    Blog Entries
    44

    Default Re: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

    Quote Originally Posted by mammyglicks View Post
    I want an all white female to mate with Bear so I am trying to think of some great names. But I guess I won't really know until we get one because what I pick might not be her personality.
    I had to (and still have too) explain to everyone that Orion is a girl. I look at the name and automatically think girl....because I'm use to it. I don't know what name I would have chosen if I had discovered her personality first.....Orion to me means PITA. Pain In The ***. In fact, we had a patient come in to fill an antibiotic for her child. The prescription read Orion. I said..."Oh, I love that name. How old is she?" The lady looked at me with knife eyes..."you mean HE?" I apologized and pulled a picture from my work station. I said "I forget that Orion is typically a male's name, here is a photo of my Orion". The lady looked at her photo and smiled. She said "I've never even thought of it as a girls name". Mallo would be a cute all white bulldog name. Short for Marshmallow of course.

  4. #16
    Newbie
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    6
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

    We fostered our girl, Priscilla, before we adopted her. The rescue gave her the name Priscilla, we shortened it to Silly. She is the funniest girl ever. Her full name (thanks to my husband) is Priscilla Lou Von Winklestinkle. While she has a variety of knicknames, Silly, Sillou, Silbert, we tend to stick with Silly the most..

  5. #17
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    TessaAndSamson's Avatar
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,262
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    8
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

    Quote Originally Posted by tweetysmama View Post
    We fostered our girl, Priscilla, before we adopted her. The rescue gave her the name Priscilla, we shortened it to Silly. She is the funniest girl ever. Her full name (thanks to my husband) is Priscilla Lou Von Winklestinkle. While she has a variety of knicknames, Silly, Sillou, Silbert, we tend to stick with Silly the most..
    Priscilla Lou Vob Winklestinkle is awesome! I really like that

    "Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

  6. #18
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    savemejeebus's Avatar
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    6,208
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    230
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

    Stig's registered name is 'The Stig'. He's named after a driver from a popular British car show called 'Top Gear'. Do you know it? The Stig's a car tester/driver and wears an all white racing suit with a helmet always on, so you don't know who's behind it. In short, top gear = bf's fave show, stig = 'The Stig" = all white = just like my Stiggy!

  7. #19
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    mammyglicks's Avatar
    Posts
    1,127
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

    Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Stig's registered name is 'The Stig'. He's named after a driver from a popular British car show called 'Top Gear'. Do you know it? The Stig's a car tester/driver and wears an all white racing suit with a helmet always on, so you don't know who's behind it. In short, top gear = bf's fave show, stig = 'The Stig" = all white = just like my Stiggy!
    Awesome. Top Gear is one of my all time favorite shows!!!! I love having a BBC channel here just wish they would bring back Torchwood.

  8. #20
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    mammyglicks's Avatar
    Posts
    1,127
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

    Quote Originally Posted by tweetysmama View Post
    We fostered our girl, Priscilla, before we adopted her. The rescue gave her the name Priscilla, we shortened it to Silly. She is the funniest girl ever. Her full name (thanks to my husband) is Priscilla Lou Von Winklestinkle. While she has a variety of knicknames, Silly, Sillou, Silbert, we tend to stick with Silly the most..
    I absolutely love the name!!!! Do you have video or photos of her being a nut?

  9. #21
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Lacey28's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Location
    Windsor Ontario Canada
    Posts
    1,871
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

    My husband is obsessed with UFC and wanted to name our bully after one of his favourite fighters and named her after Wanderlei Silva!

  10. #22
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    mammyglicks's Avatar
    Posts
    1,127
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

    Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    I had to (and still have too) explain to everyone that Orion is a girl. I look at the name and automatically think girl....because I'm use to it. I don't know what name I would have chosen if I had discovered her personality first.....Orion to me means PITA. Pain In The ***. In fact, we had a patient come in to fill an antibiotic for her child. The prescription read Orion. I said..."Oh, I love that name. How old is she?" The lady looked at me with knife eyes..."you mean HE?" I apologized and pulled a picture from my work station. I said "I forget that Orion is typically a male's name, here is a photo of my Orion". The lady looked at her photo and smiled. She said "I've never even thought of it as a girls name". Mallo would be a cute all white bulldog name. Short for Marshmallow of course.
    I love the name Orion. I think it could go either way. and like you my eye gets drawn to that constellation, when its the time of year for it to be overhead, its directly above my house I can see it perfectly. I like Mallo too, marshmellow, wahahahaha. I told my husband I want to name a girl bullie Agent Doreau from the sitcom Sledgehammer from the 80s. I want to name a dog Lemonade for some reason too. I was thinking of copying you and picking a constellation as well, lol. I am a nut, i don't even know when i'm getting another. oh well a girl can dream

  11. #23
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    mammyglicks's Avatar
    Posts
    1,127
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey28 View Post
    My husband is obsessed with UFC and wanted to name our bully after one of his favourite fighters and named her after Wanderlei Silva!
    Good name, good fighter!!!

  12. #24
    Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    NikkiSchoolcraft's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    649
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Is there a story behind your bully's name??

    A wonderful family found Hitch following a couple kids one day. He was trying to get their attention and I'm guessing food also. He was nearly starved and every part of him was infected; eyes, ears, skin, and weighed only 30lbs. This family got his attention and he went home with them. He was named Hitch because he caught "a ride" with anyone who would pay attention. They tried their best to take care of him but know they couldnt handle what he was going through. They contacted our rescue and he was picked up and brought in. A few months later his foster mom came to our house and we met Hitch for the first time and fell in love. We adopted him a couple weeks later and couldnt change his name. It perfectly explains how he found his way to us!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •