Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Default Just a little vent!

I went to pick up my oldest from school yesterday and that morning a lady brought her EB to school, I told her I had a female and she asked if I would bring her after school and see how our bullies got along. So I brought Lola and while I was walking to my car I had a kid couldnt be older than 4th or 5th grade stop me to pet Lola then he started to tell me how stupid bulldogs are! I was shocked! I have never had this happen to me before but have heard stories on here. My question is where in the heck does a kid that young know what dogs are stupid and why do kids think they have the nerve to say things like that? Were they not taught manners? Lola was pulling me towards our car and he made the remark they are so fat and lazy i bet she cant wait to get to the car. Then he went on to tell me they got a lab because they didnt want a stupid dog. This kid held a conversation with me not even knowing me telling me all about the breed and why they are so stupid. Im still upset about it and I know I shouldnt me but if you are going to tell me how stupid my dog is don't go and pet her first! I was wondering what some of you say when people say rude stuff like that?

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just a little vent!

I'm afraid that I am one of those people who stand there with their mouths open taking the abuse. It isn't until much later whilst I'm still fuming, that I come up with a whole list of sarcastic clever answers that I could have said back!!!!

Likes (Received)

You definitely should have told him how rude he was being! I wish a little kid would come say some foolishness like that to me.

Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I stood there in shock too! I just couldnt believe the nerve of some kids!

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member DesertBum's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Xena
    Likes (Received)

This coming from a kid that is still eating boogers Either he is too stupid to learn manners or his parents are too stupid to teach them
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out the car window

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sadly, that ignorant kid is going to grow up to be an even dummer and more ignorant adult. Lots of dummies in this world, sometimes we just have to ignore them and move on.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

I probably would have retorted with "well you look fat, stupid, and lazy too" which isn't really appropriate is it

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

well they learn everything from adults they are like sponges at that age if they hear it they will say it its not the 5 year olds fault look at the parents

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

LOL!!! I bet that kid is watching too much animal planet or something. OR - something his parents have said. That is pretty amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I just laugh, because honestly, we know different, and sometimes it's up to us to education the ignorant person, or in this case, kid!!

Can you imagine if one day, we actually have a clear head to say, "Well, bulldogs are very smart, but they are very independent and free willed, and like to challenge their owner" I bet they that kid would have corrected his parents next time they mentioned something like that!!

Me? I'm just trying to convince my community that I don't own a pit bull. LOL!!!!!!!!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

I would have had to have educated the kid on the error of his misconceptions. Obviously he was taught that. And it would have been an opportunity to show him he was taught wrong.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sophie & Miss Charlie
    Likes (Received)

I own an 11 year old black lab, and I am owned by a 2year old bulldog. I have always had a dog, but I have to say my lab is an idiot! I live her but her elevator doesn't stop on all of the floors. I chose a lab because they were susposed to be smart and good with kids. That was the last time I listened to animal planet on dog breeds. However my bulldog was compleatly house trained in two weeks even ringing a bell to go out. My bulldog has been the smartest and most loving dog I have ever had. I think that I would have stood there in silence because how do you tell a know it all kid that they are wrong!!
    Last edited by jules825m; 11-15-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    Julie

Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I think he would have had to of heard it from his parents he just knew to much. As I walked away I thought about all the stuff I could have said but when talking to a child Im not sure if what came to mind would have been appropriate. Im not taking her to school anymore although a lot of people do im just not going to go through that all the time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads