Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
you have been given some really good suggestions and a list of good products to try .. all I could add is to remember to do this face folds everyday, it's so important to take daily care of those wrinkles and folds. good luck and hope you find the right combination of products for him.

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
Jenna is a rescue...when i first brought her home her nose rope and tail pocket were very dirty I cleaned them often with fragrance free baby wipes but the next day they were just as bad...then I read here about the reddish color being a sign of yeast...so i started doing both with witch hazel and then putting destin on...seems to have worked for her...i clean her now every few days...still a little dirty but no red and no where near as bad

Blitzburggirl

Feb 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Paisley
Hi Marianne,

I'm researching my own little pretty nasty problem (tail pocket) and I saw an older thread from you about Jenna and her Stevie Wonder. It sounds like she sure lucked out when she got you! Congratulations, I hope you both have lots of kisses and love for years!

[MENTION=4925]marianne[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
im sure is not because hi digs in the yard, i though it was but i keep him 3 days in the apartment like 3 time already to see if it gets dirty, and yeah it gets dirty any ways.

he has no hair ay all in there, i watch his wrinkles everyday, and what happens after i clean it is that it starts to get wet, like sweat, and with in 2 days it gets gummy.

OUCH... that looks infected to me. Have you tried Witch Hazel? it is cheap and self drying so it will help with the moisture

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
hey guys, I've been trying to decide between trizCHLOR 4 wipes and Duoxo, what's the difference? Also are they safe to use in the wrinkles closest to the eyes? Charlotte's nose are stays okay but her eyewrinkles are the one's that tend to get a little irritated.

@JAKEISGREAT
@mcraven2

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That does look quite sore!! I would give the witch hazel a try and try not to rub too hard because from the pics it really looks irritated.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
hey guys, I've been trying to decide between trizCHLOR 4 wipes and Duoxo, what's the difference? Also are they safe to use in the wrinkles closest to the eyes? Charlotte's nose are stays okay but her eyewrinkles are the one's that tend to get a little irritated.

@JAKEISGREAT
@mcraven2

I am not certain about the trichlor wipes..but Duoxo and Maloket are both nearly identical. I used to use the Maloket but they smell sooo much stronger, it was a battle to use on Jake's face. And they work just as well.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Molly and Yuna both have deep nose ropes. If I get the black gunk in it I use malecetic otic to clean it, then malectic ultra to treat it. After it dries out I put a bit of panalog ointment in it and whalla, it is usually all better by the next day. Repeat if needed, but if it's 80% or better then I just the the malacetic otic, witch hazel, or ACV to maintain. Using just baby wipes or a wet cloth only feed the bacteria or fungus.

You can get the two malacetic products on amazon but panalog is rx from your vet.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
[MENTION=5363]Taylor[/MENTION] I use them on Gio's wrinkles that are right under his eyes, they don't bother him I just try to be gentle when I'm cleaning close to his eyes. He doesn't mind them and the smell isn't to strong. He especially loves when I clean his tail pocket! But I definitely recommend them! I think the wipes are similar, as long as they have a drying agent in them. I just chose the trizchlor because my vet recommended them.

Staff online

Members online