Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets compare our bullies shapes....

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Lets compare our bullies shapes....

Here is Cutty 3 years ago. This is what I think I expect him to maintain more or less but is that realistic? Probably not, especially being the diff is only a couple pounds. Plus I think that was when he finally finished filling out too and before we neutered him.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
    Likes (Received)

Cali,
    If you feel your bully could do with losing a few pounds then you should do a diet and exercise routinue for him. They do much better if their weight is proportionate to size. Too much excess weight puts a lot more stress on their front legs and shoulders. He is a fine looking boy there. Handsome

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Got home to take some photos. Next to Abby, Bella still look too skinny, but she is maintained to date.

Always with me

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I really don't have any above shots, I will have to take some.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

@Victor Y I dont necessarily think he is overweight so much as over pudgy. haha. The vet thinks I am nuts but he could def. stand to lose a good 2 or 3 pounds I would think. Only problem there is that I free feed my boys and they eat out of the same bowl also. When I have cut back the food a little I felt like my pug was the one not eating as much and he is in perfect shape. I do feed lots of veggies for snacks and am thinking of trying that stew Libra made as an addition to help cut back but other than that I dont really know what i can do. If he was more heavy I would focus on it more. Luckily he doesnt seem to gain or anything, this is where he has been since he finished filling in for the most part I think. As for exercise, we dont walk them much and with the heat in california this time of year we cant really. Hubby works a lot so he cant and wont let me walk them alone since we are overly protective of someone stealing him. Such a sad world we live in where this is something we have to think about isnt it?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
    Likes (Received)

Maybe add green beans to his food when you cut back as they are pretty much just filler and he will still feel full. I did this for another dog we have to help him loose weight. He got a bit miffed about having less dogfood to eat so I just added 1/2 can of french cut Green beans to his food. Took him a long time to figure that one out HEH

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

I don't have any recent photos of Chester that show his shape well..except for this one.. belly-flopping on my Mom's floor. He weighs about 50 lbs and his very wide in his shoulders and fairly low to the ground. Skinny bum!

It's a Bully thing <3

When the bully was created, it licked the hand of God and God stroked its head, saying, "What do you want, baby bully?" It replied, "My Lord, I want to stay with you, in heaven, on a mat in front of the gate."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads