Shedding

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
How often do you brush your dog? I try to a few times a week but Maggie hates it and her shedding is driving me crazy! I've tried the furminator and other brushes but she just will not let me do it for more than a few minutes. Every time I pet her you can see the fur flying off:mad: I vacuum constantly and I still feel like there is hair everywhere. Any tips ?

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
I brush almost every morning and vacuum 2 to 3 times a day, still not enough!! Every time he sleeps on the couch we have our swiffer ready then vacuum the floor.

OP
maggies mom

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
I feel like if she would just let me furminate her for an hour she would be good for a week lol. I don't mind daily grooming but I feel like I'm fighting a loosing battle.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The Kong Zoom Groom works pretty well and my bullies love it. It kind of massages them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The Kong Zoom Groom works pretty well and my bullies love it. It kind of massages them.

Yeap ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what he said!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Adding salmon oil to their food will help too, but they will blow their coats twice a year regardless. This is when they shed like crazy, goes on for about a month. Using the soon groom helps, and never were black clothes!! :laugh:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
maggies mom

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
All I wear these days black! Ill try the zoom groom maybe she will like it better.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby doesn't shed much but Otis sheds like a Siberian Husky in Florida. All the brushing in the world doesn't help him. I've taken to keeping the sticky tape rollers everywhere. There's one in the car, one in my bag, I kept one at work. Anytime I go anywhere you can find me in the parking lot first rolling off the dog hair :)

Ls400ii

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nugget
I use the kong zoom groom as well and Nuggie loves it. You are suppose to massage in circular motions. I also have one of those furminators and sometimes use it after the zoom groom. I try to brush her everyday but I don't always get to it. The more you brush the less the shedding...you just need to add it to the regular things you are suppose to do...wiping eyes, cleaning wrinkles...etc. Nuggie is also on the raw food diet which makes her coat soft as silk and is suppose to reduce shedding.

nando1301

May 6, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Samantha (Sam)
Sam's shedding was all over so I took her to the groomer and cut all her hair short and it was a great improvement however her hair will grow back in about 1 month.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I've recently discovered another good product to help with the shedding. I purchased this huge bottle of Furminator conditioner. Apparently this is a groomers secret weapon. It's concentrated, so I cut it 1 part conditioned to 2 parts water. After shampooing and rinsing, using a squeeze bottle, I apply all over and leave for at least 5 minutes then rinse. I also use my zoom groom during the 5 minutes to loosen the hair. After rinsing, there was much more hair behind. During the next 3 weeks the amount of hair on my floors was about half as much has it had been. It's not a cure all, but it does help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions