Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just for fun .... how many dogs is too many??

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Just for fun .... how many dogs is too many??

I think it depends on the person/owner, the size of their house, how much time they spend at home, if they are willing and able to give them all the care they need. I have 2 now, my Samson and my beagle Loki. At home it's just me, my boyfriend and our furbabies. We own a 3 bedroom/2.5 bath townhome so there is plenty room for us 4. We have a backyard but it's only like 250-300 sq ft so I think we could get another bulldog or a small breed dog but I think it would be unfair to the pup to have a high energy breed like a lab. One day I'd like to have much more! I am going to school to be a vet tech and even though CA limits you to 3 dogs (unless you have a kennel license) there are alot of people in my classes that have ALOT of dogs and pets in general.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    I think it depends on the person/owner, the size of their house, how much time they spend at home, if they are willing and able to give them all the care they need. I have 2 now, my Samson and my beagle Loki. At home it's just me, my boyfriend and our furbabies. We own a 3 bedroom/2.5 bath townhome so there is plenty room for us 4. We have a backyard but it's only like 250-300 sq ft so I think we could get another bulldog or a small breed dog but I think it would be unfair to the pup to have a high energy breed like a lab. One day I'd like to have much more! I am going to school to be a vet tech and even though CA limits you to 3 dogs (unless you have a kennel license) there are alot of people in my classes that have ALOT of dogs and pets in general.
    Not sure if it is a city law or state but you are not limited to 3 dogs in Cali. It depends on the lot size apparently at least here in my city I can have 4 if my lot is 10,000+ sq ft. we didnt know this tho till after we bought our home and our lot is just under that. Not sure if 4 ,ay be the limit before having a kennel lisence or not tho?

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Not sure if it is a city law or state but you are not limited to 3 dogs in Cali. It depends on the lot size apparently at least here in my city I can have 4 if my lot is 10,000+ sq ft. we didnt know this tho till after we bought our home and our lot is just under that. Not sure if 4 ,ay be the limit before having a kennel lisence or not tho?
    I would say yes. I would assume that means because of the lot size you can have 4 without applying for a kennel license. Not sure whats involved in getting one. I've only ever looked it up by city and any city I have ever lived in here in cali limited you to 3, above that you need a kennel license.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zen Kingston
    Likes (Received)

I think it all depends on the owner and what they can handle, financially, physically and emotionally. There are 4 dogs in my house but I take care of the my boyfriend's 2 dogs 4 or 5 days a week while he travels. So, with the average number at 6, it simply means a little more time picking up poop, sweeping up dog hair and vacuuming an extra day. They are all really well behaved, get along 98% of the time and make me laugh constantly. I do agree that they all need one on one "alone time" so I try to do that on a daily basis. Poor Zen, my english bully, usually gets the most "go lay downs" simply because he is the largest, by far. I normally take him to run errands with me, since he loves riding in the car and all the attention he gets at the stores and stops, as he gets to go inside with me. As long as the home isn't dirty, smelly, filled with germs and dogs that are neglected, I think the number depends on the person and what they can deal with.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dually,Carly,Abby,Gretta,Sissy Pooh-Bear,McLovin,Sadie. pups T-Jay,Dexter,Olver,Bailey,Miley& Mya
    Likes (Received)

I agree!!! I have lots, I love them all and all of them are healthy clean free to run around in the house and outside big fenced yard. They are happy and each get the love and cuddles needed!! I even have a deaf puppy! She is the best thing that has happened to us, learning so much! I have paid for bullies I bought and paid for much needed surgeries, and health care!!! SO right now our house has a no vacancy sign up. but wait until we move and get our big building and kennels I will try to rescue all bullies!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

in my town, you are actually not allowed to have more than 3. We've never had more than two..and I would prefer to only have one..but, I got out-voted and we got Chester

Kennel Cleaner ohiostatebulldogs's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shug Knight of OSB , Santini of OSB, and Mercedes of OSB
    Likes (Received)

Wow Many is Too many!!! How much money do you make is the better Question!!!! I have 5 dogs. 3 bulldog and 2 APBT....as long as you can provide a happy heathy home there is no limit to me!![replacer_img]
    S Martin
    Ohio State Bulldogs
    " Unless you try something beyond what you have already mastered you will never grow" OSB

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by arimaeis View Post
    I'm at a weight limit cap...
    I have Ms. Piggy my little bully @ 45 pounds
    Gabe, my mastiff/anatolian shepherd @ 230 pounds
    and Bella, another mastiff @ 186 pounds

Three is a happy number for me.
    WOW ... if I apply that theory and go for the weight limit ........ well I could probably adopt at least another 4 english bulldogs!!! Yay ....

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    Just kidding. Um, yeah. 2 is too many. Especially when they are named Orion and Vegas.

I've watched your videos of Vegas and Orion .......... and then dragged my husband over to the computer to watch them too. They are just both SO funny!!!! So yes, maybe if I had your two then just the two would be enough. By the way, I paticularly LOVE the video of Orion having a time out and there is Vegas sat on top of her cage!!! Hilarious!!!

I agree with everyone else on this one. It definitely depends on the person, size of house, etc. Personally, I have 3 dogs right now -- 1 newfoundland and 2 pugs. We are in the process of trying to buy a large piece of land (10 acres) so my kids and furry kids will have lots of room. As I have mentioned on other threads, my grandmother frequently comments that I would probably have a pug and english bulldog farm if I could! You know what? She is right! Seriously though, I look forward to someday (hopefully soon) finding an english bulldog to add to my family.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tmaguire View Post
    I agree with everyone else on this one. It definitely depends on the person, size of house, etc. Personally, I have 3 dogs right now -- 1 newfoundland and 2 pugs. We are in the process of trying to buy a large piece of land (10 acres) so my kids and furry kids will have lots of room. As I have mentioned on other threads, my grandmother frequently comments that I would probably have a pug and english bulldog farm if I could! You know what? She is right! Seriously though, I look forward to someday (hopefully soon) finding an english bulldog to add to my family.
    Hope so too! Would luv to see pics of your other fur-kids too

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

I have three now. My husband's St Bernard, Gertie and Ida are my baby bullies. With both of them just 3 months and being potty trained and all, I won't want anymore any time soon! But who knows what I'll think a year from now? I love dogs, the more the merrier!

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads