Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 49 to 59 of 59

Thread: Cooper Vet Appt....Please leave feedback for me!

  1. #49
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Cooper Vet Appt....Please leave feedback for me!

    Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    no i was wondering of the red face red head and tearing. could be allergies. maybe he is allergic to rice. i dunno was just thinking. maybe something hes laying on?
    I dunno just seems to be one thing after another i think it was 2bullymama who said allergies too and said give him benedryl. He has been outside a lot more the last few days cuz its been so nice out.

  2. #50
    ..........
    Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,010
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Cooper Vet Appt....Please leave feedback for me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    I dunno just seems to be one thing after another i think it was 2bullymama who said allergies too and said give him benedryl. He has been outside a lot more the last few days cuz its been so nice out.
    does the benadryl help or are you giving it? i would def say an allergy test esp if the vet doesnt find anything. also check the ears. sarah will get a red head if she has an ear infection and her ears and head will feel hot. just throwing stuff out there.

  3. #51
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Cooper Vet Appt....Please leave feedback for me!

    Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    does the benadryl help or are you giving it? i would def say an allergy test esp if the vet doesnt find anything. also check the ears. sarah will get a red head if she has an ear infection and her ears and head will feel hot. just throwing stuff out there.
    Nope haven't tried benedryl yet and he checked his ears yesterday and din't say anything. They don't smell or anything either and they have been really clean the last couple months. I only have to clean them like 1x a month! SO just normal bendryl and do I give him one or two?

  4. #52
    Wrinkle Wiper Einstein the Great's Avatar
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    131
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Einstein
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Cooper Vet Appt....Please leave feedback for me!

    So sorry to hear about Coop...poor guy. Einstein has been having some similar problems. Seems to be getting sick more frequently. He's always had a sensitive tummy but seems to be getting worse lately. We are going to try a new food and see if that helps at all. Our vet also mentioned acid reflux.

    Also Einstein just had the entropion surgery about a month ago. We went ahead and did both eyes even though only the right one was bad. They just tacked down his eyelids. It cost about $500 for both eyes and the visit before and after the surgery. He did great. But he had problems about a year ago and we got it to clear up with an ointment, but this time he had an ulcer forming so the vet said surgery was necessary. Good luck! Hope you figure out what's going on.

  5. #53
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Cooper Vet Appt....Please leave feedback for me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein the Great View Post
    So sorry to hear about Coop...poor guy. Einstein has been having some similar problems. Seems to be getting sick more frequently. He's always had a sensitive tummy but seems to be getting worse lately. We are going to try a new food and see if that helps at all. Our vet also mentioned acid reflux.

    Also Einstein just had the entropion surgery about a month ago. We went ahead and did both eyes even though only the right one was bad. They just tacked down his eyelids. It cost about $500 for both eyes and the visit before and after the surgery. He did great. But he had problems about a year ago and we got it to clear up with an ointment, but this time he had an ulcer forming so the vet said surgery was necessary. Good luck! Hope you figure out what's going on.
    Did his eyes stop tearing after his surgery? $500 sounds ALOT better than $1000 since I have spent $700 in less than 2 week on coop and I want to get an allergy tesr witch i saw runs around $250 to $350
    Is Einstein throwing up everyday and does he do it right after he eats or hours later.....does he just throw iup out of the nowhere? did you vet give you any meds
    I think cooper had a bubblegum tremor last night and I am thinking it was caused from food or lack there of!

  6. #54
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Cooper Vet Appt....Please leave feedback for me!

    How is Cooper doing? Hope all is well
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  7. #55
    Wrinkle Wiper Einstein the Great's Avatar
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    131
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Einstein
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Cooper Vet Appt....Please leave feedback for me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    Did his eyes stop tearing after his surgery? $500 sounds ALOT better than $1000 since I have spent $700 in less than 2 week on coop and I want to get an allergy tesr witch i saw runs around $250 to $350
    Is Einstein throwing up everyday and does he do it right after he eats or hours later.....does he just throw iup out of the nowhere? did you vet give you any meds
    I think cooper had a bubblegum tremor last night and I am thinking it was caused from food or lack there of!
    Yeah his eyes are looking so much better since the surgery. I know I was glad the surgery wasn't too crazy because they do get expensive! He doesn't throw up everyday. I'd say about 2 times a week. Sometimes its in the morning and there isn't anything in it just yellow foamy stuff. But sometimes it's shortly after he eats and then its just like he regurgitates what he has just eaten. The vet didn't give us any meds. But he said something about trying pepcid to see if that helped. How is Cooper doing? Any news from the vet?

  8. #56
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Cooper Vet Appt....Please leave feedback for me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein the Great View Post
    Yeah his eyes are looking so much better since the surgery. I know I was glad the surgery wasn't too crazy because they do get expensive! He doesn't throw up everyday. I'd say about 2 times a week. Sometimes its in the morning and there isn't anything in it just yellow foamy stuff. But sometimes it's shortly after he eats and then its just like he regurgitates what he has just eaten. The vet didn't give us any meds. But he said something about trying pepcid to see if that helped. How is Cooper doing? Any news from the vet?
    Wow the way you describe how your bully throws up is exactly what Coop does but he was throwing up everyday. He did go for like 3 days with none and then started again. Gave me meds for acid reflex and a pill that is like pepcid and I also have him on the canned bland food right now as my vet requested because I was making him rice and beef and with the new pills he still threw up so I listened to the vet and we are on day 3 of no throwing up. SO I am hoping he finally fixed it and once we get the meds in him for a week he may be able to go go kibble again! He hasn't gained in weight in 2 weeks though but I guess I am happy cuz he hasn't lost any either!

  9. #57
    Dog Park Attendant rainyruth's Avatar
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    453
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel and Talulah
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Sorry to hear about Cooper, I guess I was too wrapped up with Talulah's problem and wasn't paying attention. I hope he'll be Ok, poor baby guy :/
    My Dogs Can Lick Anyone

  10. #58
    Wrinkle Wiper Einstein the Great's Avatar
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    131
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Einstein
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Cooper Vet Appt....Please leave feedback for me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    Wow the way you describe how your bully throws up is exactly what Coop does but he was throwing up everyday. He did go for like 3 days with none and then started again. Gave me meds for acid reflex and a pill that is like pepcid and I also have him on the canned bland food right now as my vet requested because I was making him rice and beef and with the new pills he still threw up so I listened to the vet and we are on day 3 of no throwing up. SO I am hoping he finally fixed it and once we get the meds in him for a week he may be able to go go kibble again! He hasn't gained in weight in 2 weeks though but I guess I am happy cuz he hasn't lost any either!
    How old is Cooper? Yeah thats good he hasn't lost any weight. Hope you guys got it figured out. Fingers crossed! We got Einstein some pumpkin to go on his kibble and he seems to be doing good right now. He definitely has his appetite back.

  11. #59
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Cooper Vet Appt....Please leave feedback for me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein the Great View Post
    How old is Cooper? Yeah thats good he hasn't lost any weight. Hope you guys got it figured out. Fingers crossed! We got Einstein some pumpkin to go on his kibble and he seems to be doing good right now. He definitely has his appetite back.
    He is 7 months....he threw up all his food today I wrote a post on it. I am just getting frustrating we can't find the cause of the problem!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •