Ear Cleaning

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I believe there is a new Article about cleaning ears and other maintenance subjects here on EBN.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I use witch hazel..soak a cotton pad..wrap around my pointy finger. (:ROFL:) and reach as far into the ear as I can! My dogs love it..:hmm: once I catch them...and I just repeat until the pad is clean. Usually once a week..and with witch hazel..it's a natural astringent so no moisture worries! Super Cheap..and can buy everywhere!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I use witch hazel..soak a cotton pad..wrap around my pointy finger. (:ROFL:) and reach as far into the ear as I can! My dogs love it..:hmm: once I catch them...and I just repeat until the pad is clean. Usually once a week..and with witch hazel..it's a natural astringent so no moisture worries! Super Cheap..and can buy everywhere!

Thanks for this info! I will be getting some of it and using that from now on! RIght now I use a cleaner I got from the vet and 1 bottle is $35 and Its not that big! Thanks again

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks for this info! I will be getting some of it and using that from now on! RIght now I use a cleaner I got from the vet and 1 bottle is $35 and Its not that big! Thanks again

You are welcome! My sister is a groomer and this is a great tip she gave me. I started with cleaning every other day..when ears were clean every time I went to twice a week..now just once a week works great! We have a Sharpei mix and her ears are much harder than Jake's! Works great on hers too! :up:

Fergie

Mar 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
I haven't tried the flush method yet, do you have to get the solution from the vet?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I clean rarely now ... since switching to the Fromm it's like the wax build up just went away!!! When we do clean we have used the 50/50 apple cider vinegar and water. I have to say that I am liking the idea of using the witchhazel that [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] mentioned. Sounds to me like it would be so less messy!!!! :up:

Members online

No members online now.