OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] thanks! Lol ... I bet he's really a big mushy dad ...

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]. Chunk is on steroids for his skin ... His wrinkles were infected, licking at his paws and losing little bits of fur on his head. The doc put him on antibiotics and he improved but we weren't satisfied after a week so she wanted to see how he did on an antihistamine/steroid. He looks way better so when I call her tomorrow I'll find out our next course of action. Looks like it may be allergy testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama . Chunk is on steroids for his skin ... His wrinkles were infected, licking at his paws and losing little bits of fur on his head. The doc put him on antibiotics and he improved but we weren't satisfied after a week so she wanted to see how he did on an antihistamine/steroid. He looks way better so when I call her tomorrow I'll find out our next course of action. Looks like it may be allergy testing.

Yep -- allergy testing for sure, but you have to wait 30 days after the last steroid dosage to have the test done. I HATE when my girl had to be on them -- her energy level would be out of control and she was constantly peeing. My vet knows -- no roids for us unless there is no other options.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Yep -- allergy testing for sure, but you have to wait 30 days after the last steroid dosage to have the test done. I HATE when my girl had to be on them -- her energy level would be out of control and she was constantly peeing. My vet knows -- no roids for us unless there is no other options.

Yeah this is a first for us ... It was a step she wanted to take before spending all the money on allergy testing. Thankfully only two pee accidents and he hasn't been out of control, just has a little more energy. I love my vet - she gives me a lot of options and tries to save me money. She's so good to my Chunkster. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Turi.... not a BIG mushy dad by any stretch of the imagination but mushy none the less ;)

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION] . I really hope she doesn't but idk. My other 2 were born at 36 weeks and 37 weeks exactly. She already measures a week ahead of where she should be. I just grown them quickly I guess.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
@Chunksmama . I really hope she doesn't but idk. My other 2 were born at 36 weeks and 37 weeks exactly. She already measures a week ahead of where she should be. I just grown them quickly I guess.

Ohhh I see. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!! :)

Members online

No members online now.