Poll: Is your bully crate trained? (You may choose more than one selection if more than one applies)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Your Bully Crate Trained?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sophie So-lo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is Your Bully Crate Trained?

All of my dogs have been crate trained... My Bully is the only one who doesn't go in there to sleep, take naps, time for herself... my other 3 dogs- 2 labs and a king shepherd--- they all just come and go as they please when it comes to thier crates. At night when we go to bed- Sophie sleeps on the bed- the shepherd and yellow lab are usually in thier crates with the doors open- and the choc. lab lays anywhere there may be a pile of clothes or something personal that has my scent or my husband's sent on it. The choc lab is the only one who doesn't go into a crate when we leave- he has full range of the house- but the other 3... can get into mischief... so in thier crates they go when we leave the house. Then I know when I return home- the house will be in tact... LOL

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

I learned about crate training almost 30 years ago with a Sheltie I got as a pup. Have been a fan of the entire concept ever since.

We just got Gracie a week ago, and while we were told she didn't require a crate we found that she seemed to seek out things to get under (tables, desks chair legs). She's still getting used to the "city" sounds around here. She's always lived in the country prior to coming here from Missouri. She's a little timid about all the strange sounds. On Friday we decided to get her a crate and she seems to love it. It's where she goes for naps or just to lay down. She'll go to the crate when she's startled, then come back out again when she's feeling safe again.

I realize this type of crate wouldn't work for a puppy who's still "teething". But for an adult with a super sweet personality it's perfect.
    Last edited by LariP; 08-16-2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: additional info.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    REGINALD GRUFFALO THE FIRST
    Likes (Received)

Reggie has a crate and has used it from 8 weeks old but he doesn't like the door being closed and cries if I do so not sure if it qualifies as 'crate trained'. He basically puts his toys in it, will play and sleep in it throughout the day and night but always with the door open. If the door is inadvertently pushed too by the children he will painstakingly pull the door back open wide with a claw!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hoosier
    Likes (Received)

I have put Hoosier in a crate since we got him at 8 weeks. He only goes in there at night. Recently, I have been putting him in there when I leave the house. He has become very destructive lately. He is 7 months now, and began to eat my walls. He did very well as a puppy running the house while we were gone, now things have changed.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sprinter15jr View Post
    I have put Hoosier in a crate since we got him at 8 weeks. He only goes in there at night. Recently, I have been putting him in there when I leave the house. He has become very destructive lately. He is 7 months now, and began to eat my walls. He did very well as a puppy running the house while we were gone, now things have changed.
    @sprinter15jr Good idea to crate him while you are gone. Really- they miss you when you are not there. Dont want to eat or drink. They actually get depressed/nervous while you are not home, so best for him to feel secure. And also best for your walls!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads