3.5 month puppy wakes us up dry heaving / coughing / gagging

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Whaaaaaa...??? That's scary. How did your puppy pick this up? Poor muffin.

Lupe was on Baytril (get out your wallet, btw) for a very hard-to-treat UTI, and it fixed the problem. Was able to shorten her dose time to two weeks instead of four (with plenty of Baytril leftover :cursing:!) I guess with bacterias, they respond to what they respond to. It's a pretty serious medication, but if it's what works then it might be the only choice. I would think they would start on the lowest possible dose. Or, maybe a second opinion?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Whaaaaaa...??? That's scary. How did your puppy pick this up? Poor muffin.

Lupe was on Baytril (get out your wallet, btw) for a very hard-to-treat UTI, and it fixed the problem. Was able to shorten her dose time to two weeks instead of four (with plenty of Baytril leftover :cursing:!) I guess with bacterias, they respond to what they respond to. It's a pretty serious medication, but if it's what works then it might be the only choice. I would think they would start on the lowest possible dose. Or, maybe a second opinion?

Thanks for the memory jog.... Banks was on Baytril for her UTI's it was the only med that worked for her and she was around 12-16 months.

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
I have used Baytril off and on for many things over the years, not that expensive. But what worries me it that some folks on here are NOT following the vets DOSE, and not using the medicine up totally !!!! If you do not use ALL the meds up --the infection can and often comes back!!!!! please --make sure you have a BULLDOG VET and follow and use all the meds till gone when using antibiotics~
may I ask this --is this vet a recommended BULLDOG vet ??? bulldogs are 360% different than other breeds and need a vet who knows that . aren't you the fellow who I got the AKC breeders in your state for you to find a good vet ???

Members online

No members online now.