Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this "normal" breathing to y'all?

Real Name
    Ashley
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ranger
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is this "normal" breathing to y'all?

Quote Originally Posted by MFrey2012 View Post
    Hi there!! Ellie and I are catching up, How is Ranger Feeling??
    @MFrey2012 unfortunately not well. Thank you for checking on him. We appreciate it so much!

Update:
    He continued a couple more times to do the same thing and it just didn't feel "okay" to me. I was on the phone with my vet (who is the ABSOLUTE best!) when Ranger began to heave violently as if he was going to throw up. Which he's never done. Ever. Before I could put the phone down and grab him,he vomited and passed out. My vet said to immediately put him in the car and meet her at the office (which is a 5-6min drive) he was lifeless y'all. After exam and X-rays the diagnosis is aspersion pneumonia due to vomit. He is doing "okay" now but it's very, very bad. You cannot even see his left lung on X-ray due to so much fluid. He is stable and on a TON of meds, oxygen tent and getting supportive care. We have no idea what caused the nausea, upset stomach or vomit as we've changed NOTHING at all. As most of you know this is very bad and can take a very long time to recover from. We need y'all. Our pack. Please, pray for my sweet boy. We are so worried for him. Thank you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    “Texas is a fine place for men and dogs, but hell on women and horses.”
    — Molly Ivins

Real Name
    Ashley
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ranger
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    Hope Ranger is feeling better now! If he hasn't exerted himself, I would check with a vet if that breathing comes back. Hugs from Castor to Ranger!

Castor too likes to hold hands (to the point that it actually hinders me sometimes when I work from home. But it's difficult to say no when such sweet little ones want to hold your hand!
    @cefe13 thank you for your advice, we appreciate it so much and I'm so grateful I listened to my gut instincts and called the vet.

“Texas is a fine place for men and dogs, but hell on women and horses.”
    — Molly Ivins

3. Likes cefe13, oscarmayer liked this post
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger777 View Post
    @MFrey2012 unfortunately not well. Thank you for checking on him. We appreciate it so much!

Update:
    He continued a couple more times to do the same thing and it just didn't feel "okay" to me. I was on the phone with my vet (who is the ABSOLUTE best!) when Ranger began to heave violently as if he was going to throw up. Which he's never done. Ever. Before I could put the phone down and grab him,he vomited and passed out. My vet said to immediately put him in the car and meet her at the office (which is a 5-6min drive) he was lifeless y'all. After exam and X-rays the diagnosis is aspersion pneumonia due to vomit. He is doing "okay" now but it's very, very bad. You cannot even see his left lung on X-ray due to so much fluid. He is stable and on a TON of meds, oxygen tent and getting supportive care. We have no idea what caused the nausea, upset stomach or vomit as we've changed NOTHING at all. As most of you know this is very bad and can take a very long time to recover from. We need y'all. Our pack. Please, pray for my sweet boy. We are so worried for him. Thank you all.

@Ranger777 Oh my goodness Ashley, how scary!! - when Ellie was 5 months old, she woke up one night and vomited 5-6 times, and the next 2 days was not breathing right, so off to the vet we went, after contrast xrays to make sure did not have a blockage, she also had a mild case of AP, not knowing what it was, and they told me she to stay at the hospital for a couple days, I was terrified!! So I am here if you need anything if nothing but just an ear.

Ellie and I will pray HARD for Ranger!! Ranger - YOU GOT THIS!!

Thanks and much Love,

Melissa - Ellie's Mom

Real Name
    Megan
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
    Likes (Received)

Oh I am so so sorry. Praying hard for your family and sweet boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@Ranger777 Oh dear, poor Ranger. We're thinking of him (and you!) and hoping he will soon feel better.

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all for your replies. I honestly wouldn't know what to do without this forum and the great advice of everyone here.
    Update:
    He continued a couple more times to do the same thing and it just didn't feel "okay" to me. I was on the phone with my vet (who is the ABSOLUTE best!) when Ranger began to heave violently as if he was going to throw up. Which he's never done. Ever. Before I could put the phone down and grab him, he vomited and passed out. My vet said to immediately put him in the car and meet her at the office (which is a 5-6min drive) he was lifeless y'all. After exam and X-rays the diagnosis is aspiration pneumonia due to vomit. He is doing "okay" now but it's very, very bad. You cannot even see his left lung on X-ray due to so much fluid. He is stable and on a TON of meds, oxygen tent and getting supportive care. We have no idea what caused the nausea, upset stomach or vomit as we've changed NOTHING at all. As most of you know this is very bad and can take a very long time to recover from. We need y'all. Our pack. Please, pray for my sweet boy. We are so worried for him. Thank you all.

OH NO!!!! Sending lots of prayers, hugs and positive thoughts to your handsome Ranger.

Keep us posted, please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

I hope Ranger is doing better now and will pray for him and your family.

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

Pooper scooper walterenglishbulldog's Avatar
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Walter
    Likes (Received)

https://youtu.be/k1dLaVPqAEo

Ranger doesn't always breathe this way, unless of course he's exerted himself and he does the "typical bully" loud mouth breathing. But, today he's occasionally came to me and gave me his paw (which is always to say "mom, I need you now) He'll go from regular closed mouth breathing to this heavy open mouth breathing. He hasn't been over exerting himself today and it's rained most of the day, so he's been inside all day. Maybe it's nothing and I'm just being an overly worried momma. Just curious if anyone else's baby does/has done this?

How is Ranger doing now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads