Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Duke, tonight you're in your kennel

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    I have never owned a dog who slept in the bed with me. I have napped on the couch or recliner with a few of them but never in the bed. Chunky only enters my bedroom when he is passing through on his way to the tub to get washed. He sleeps on the couch now but for the first year and half slept in the mudroom in his crate with the crate door open.

Good luck
    I have never own any pet that slept in my room. I never allowed it. Had one cat, went on my bed and it went flying out the room (figure of speech). Just I needed to sleep and Duke absolutely didnt want to learn potty training. Still being stubborn. He's just one of them. All my dogs were trained within a month. Him....pfffft...he knows too...just does not care what you're going to say or do. Yesterday I put a clean fresh blanket on their bed. He goes uo to investigate. Looks at me and pees on it while STILL looking at me!!!!!! Man I kicked his *** out the door. Today, I open the back door and he runs to the back to pee n poop all day long. No matter what he's not going to win. He better throw in the towel soon. Or else

2. Likes Chunky White, Canelospeeps liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

This is my 2nd time I get double, triple posts. Ive noticed it happened to other members too. I like to make a point but this is ridiculous! Hahahaha

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    I have never own any pet that slept in my room. I never allowed it. Had one cat, went on my bed and it went flying out the room (figure of speech). Just I needed to sleep and Duke absolutely didnt want to learn potty training. Still being stubborn. He's just one of them. All my dogs were trained within a month. Him....pfffft...he knows too...just does not care what you're going to say or do. Yesterday I put a clean fresh blanket on their bed. He goes uo to investigate. Looks at me and pees on it while STILL looking at me!!!!!! Man I kicked his *** out the door. Today, I open the back door and he runs to the back to pee n poop all day long. No matter what he's not going to win. He better throw in the towel soon. Or else
    Chunky was frustrating at times also. He would pee in the house just to test me at times and he had to learn multiple times that I wouldn't put up with that. I was lucky to be able to take off about a year of work when I first picked him up so i was able to out the time in to take him out throughout the day. He has done great for the past 1.5 years other than when he had the cystine stones. He learned to go outside within a few weeks but still went in his room "mud room" which is tiled if I left him alone in there and was awake moving around or left too long.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

6. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Canelo
    Likes (Received)

The look at you and pee, LOLLLLL!!!! I thought I was alone, Canelo did that to me when he was learning. I would yell at Husband that he's looking at me and peeing again!!!!!!! Hang in there! I still think once you get past his "adolescence" he will be your best boy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Likes megskee liked this post
    Real Name
    Megan
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Canelospeeps View Post
    The look at you and pee, LOLLLLL!!!! I thought I was alone, Canelo did that to me when he was learning. I would yell at Husband that he's looking at me and peeing again!!!!!!! Hang in there! I still think once you get past his "adolescence" he will be your best boy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the hope lol! Fran goes back and forth with keeping a clean crate and only going outside to times where I take her out, she will lay down and sun bathe until I either pick her up or lure her in with a treat and then pee on the rug when no ones looking!! It can be so frustrating and I get scared that it's my fault and I'm teaching her bad habits!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

10. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by megskee View Post
    Thank you for the hope lol! Fran goes back and forth with keeping a clean crate and only going outside to times where I take her out, she will lay down and sun bathe until I either pick her up or lure her in with a treat and then pee on the rug when no ones looking!! It can be so frustrating and I get scared that it's my fault and I'm teaching her bad habits!!!

Make sure she doesn't think she gets a treat if she pees I the house.

Nyala's older so if I say...Nyala NOW! She comes immediately. But Duke, hey its Duke lol.... I call him, he's at the other end of the yard, looks at me and doesn't move an inch. Just stands there like a statue. oSo of course I dont repeat. I go get him, as soon as im near him, little sh*t takes off towards the door or.....sometimes I walk towards him, grab his collar and walk him towards the house. 6 months cant expect miracles just yet.

12. Likes megskee liked this post
    Real Name
    Megan
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Make sure she doesn't think she gets a treat if she pees I the house.

Nyala's older so if I say...Nyala NOW! She comes immediately. But Duke, hey its Duke lol.... I call him, he's at the other end of the yard, looks at me and doesn't move an inch. Just stands there like a statue. oSo of course I dont repeat. I go get him, as soon as im near him, little sh*t takes off towards the door or.....sometimes I walk towards him, grab his collar and walk him towards the house. 6 months cant expect miracles just yet.
    No way. She has this look of guilt and shame when she does go in the house. Like she knows she messed up. So if she knows she wrong and she has the opportunity to go outside I'm just baffled at why she chooses to pee on my freshly shampooed rugs! Maybe attention?

14. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads