Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daphne Swims (sort of)

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)

Default Daphne Swims (sort of)

I have very mixed feelings about putting Daphne in the pool. I do want her to learn that the life vest will hold her up and how to get to the steps. On the other hand, I don't want us or her to become complacent. We're out by the pool for hours every single day all year round. We have heat and solar heat so pool saavy is a must. I really feel torn...

https://youtu.be/bF-CMy9pyyQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Daphne Swims (sort of)

That is the CUTEST!! I guess she will have to wear her lifejacket all the time! Love that little girl!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    That is the CUTEST!! I guess she will have to wear her lifejacket all the time! Love that little girl!
    It's making me very nervous. Son-in-law is going to be in charge of swim lessons.

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

I think your absolutely correct... It's hard to figure if you want her terrified of the pool or know what to do with it. I love water so much and love when my dogs do too... Are you going to check her w/o jacket as well?

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)

Default Daphne Swims (sort of)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    I think your absolutely correct... It's hard to figure if you want her terrified of the pool or know what to do with it. I love water so much and love when my dogs do too... Are you going to check her w/o jacket as well?
    I'm afraid...maybe later or I'll have daughter son-in-law and husband in pool with Daphne. And I'll go in the house and put a pillow over my head until they are finished.

PS: I only like water from the deck of a crew ship.

8. Likes Hankster, Chunky White liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

She's so precious !!

Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    We spend a lot of time out by our pool too! I wish Bella was even just a little afraid if it. But no such luck...... she is NOT at all!
    Has fallen in three times already. Luckily I have been right by her to pull her out. She has come to the top paddling. I haven't given her much time to see if Shen can stay afloat yet.
    I am sure once we are in it she will be too. She has fallen in while I was trying to brush it and get leaves out.

Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne DuMaurier View Post
    I'm afraid...maybe later or I'll have daughter son-in-law and husband in pool with Daphne. And I'll go in the house and put a pillow over my head until they are finished.

PS: I only like water from the deck of a crew ship.

That great she has a life jacket and swimming. My mother refuses to get in the pool or any other body of water and I tried teaching her to swim when I was seven. They put me through infant swimming lessons as soon as they figured out I could open the door going out to the pool since my teenage siblings were in and out that door a lot and I tried going outside with them.

Indian River County life saving crew taught lessons to kids

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Oh Daphne is a champion! Our Tank can swim, even without jacket, but wouldn't go in the water on his own, only with us. Pools can be tricky for bullies - my hubby used to have a bullie long ago in South Africa, perfect swimmer, but one night poor thing went out to go potty and something made him to get into the pool, may be chased an animal, and he drowned there! Despite being a perfect swimmer, he couldn't find in the darkness exit from the pool and drowned from exhaustion!

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaloopsie View Post
    Oh Daphne is a champion! Our Tank can swim, even without jacket, but wouldn't go in the water on his own, only with us. Pools can be tricky for bullies - my hubby used to have a bullie long ago in South Africa, perfect swimmer, but one night poor thing went out to go potty and something made him to get into the pool, may be chased an animal, and he drowned there! Despite being a perfect swimmer, he couldn't find in the darkness exit from the pool and drowned from exhaustion!
    My friend Edith is from France. She had a little Shitzu named Oscar. Oscar got old, became deaf and had poor eyesight. One night she called me and was hysterical. She was speaking 3/4 French and 1/4 English. They had found Oscar floating in the pool. To this day Edith is convinced that Oscar committed suicide because he didn't like being blind. She really believes that.

14. Likes Lalaloopsie liked this post
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6eDAc0jyVrQ

My daughter took Bella in today! She can swim! Well so far anyway. Still planning getting her a vest.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

She wanted out.... vest is good to have when out there, but she may not want to be in just near

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads