Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: FAQ: What do you feed your bulldog?

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: FAQ: What do you feed your bulldog?

Quote Originally Posted by trustmeimdogsbff View Post
    Thank you so much for all of this information. I am feeding her 1/2 a cup 3 times a day. I'm not really feeding her by cups, I'm going based off of calories. I found this article here and it explains how to calculate your pet's calorie needs. Based on her weight and age the article says that I'm suppose to feed her 600 calories a day. I am very familiar with calorie intake because I do it for myself, if I need to lose a lbs a week I eat 500 calories less than my maintenance weight if I want to gain 1 lbs a week I eat 500 calories more. I know that all food is not created equal, especially processed food. I am going to start adding raw food to her food, I also read the article that @2BullyMama linked about how to switch your puppies food and I do have a question. Do you suggest I switch her over from Purina to Fromm little by little or should I just go straight to Fromm? Her stool since I switched her to Fromm, yesterday, has been solid. I really like everything that you shared with me and I am going to be very busy with that information, thank youuuuu so much.
    Takes about a week to do 3-5 days to do a transition. Yes stick to Fromm. Since you gave her purina n the corn syrup I would definitely do the transition. Have no clue what your breeder was thinking. But heh, Lola is saved! lol... keep us posted n keep them photos coming!

2. Likes trustmeimdogsbff, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Takes about a week to do 3-5 days to do a transition. Yes stick to Fromm. Since you gave her purina n the corn syrup I would definitely do the transition. Have no clue what your breeder was thinking. But heh, Lola is saved! lol... keep us posted n keep them photos coming!
    Well Lola is doing great eating Fromm, I have her on single protein bags right now. I will be reading a lot about raw and will most likely go that route. The breeder called me yesterday and told me to begin adding ground beef as a topper to her kibbles once a day. I will feed her better than she was eating that's for sure, thanks to everyone here helping.

Here's a picture of Lola from when she helped save the world.

-eb20120502reviews120509997ar-picsay-jpg

4. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by trustmeimdogsbff View Post
    Well Lola is doing great eating Fromm, I have her on single protein bags right now. I will be reading a lot about raw and will most likely go that route. The breeder called me yesterday and told me to begin adding ground beef as a topper to her kibbles once a day. I will feed her better than she was eating that's for sure, thanks to everyone here helping.

Here's a picture of Lola from when she helped save the world.

-eb20120502reviews120509997ar-picsay-jpg
    Lolll that’s a cool photo!!!

Don’t give ground beef as your kibble has protein. Meat protein is that, protein. Stick to raw organs as organs are your probiotics, vitamins, minerals which protein won’t all hold. Idk your breeder, probably a good person but the way she feed your dog, I would totally avoid any nutrition advice from her. My 2 cents on that.

6. Likes trustmeimdogsbff liked this post
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie (RIP) & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Prey-Model Raw.

I'm an avid practitioner of the K.I.S.S. principle.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Chime? You being nice? Lol
    hahaha just saw this.... lololol

9. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Remove Ads