ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I sometimes feed my dogs Merrick canned food, is this food ok?? They always get Fromm dry food and Canidae canned food mixed in. But for the change of flavor I give them Merrick canned food. Please someone let me know if this food is ok(Merrick)It is called Wingaling grain free with chicken wings that are fully cooked and soft, sweet potatoes,carrots, peas, red delicious apples. Thank You, Susan and Elmo

MERRICK is a great food, I give my dogs their grain-free treats all of the time... in fact I give them the Wing a ling grain free treats!!!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Merrick is a great brand, but they did have a salmonella contamination of their dog treats in 2010 and 2011, nothing since.

Rachael

Mar 28, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Patton
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/taste-of-the-wild.html

This looks like most of the complaints are only a few days old. Has anyone experienced this? I was planning on feeding TOTW to my puppy when he comes home in a few weeks but now I am really hesitant. I used it before and my puppy loved it and thrived from it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Luke

I've been feeding taste of the wild for the last 6 years and never had a problem until this past week. All 3 of my dogs got sick vomited at least once and could NOT control there bowels. Chicken and rice fixed there problems. I was doing internet searches trying to figure out if anyone else was having problems and stumbled upon lots of people in March describing the same symptoms. We are switching food, I don't believe this to be a coincidence.

bowserdad

Mar 29, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
I've been feeding taste of the wild for the last 6 years and never had a problem until this past week. All 3 of my dogs got sick vomited at least once and could NOT control there bowels. Chicken and rice fixed there problems. I was doing internet searches trying to figure out if anyone else was having problems and stumbled upon lots of people in March describing the same symptoms. We are switching food, I don't believe this to be a coincidence.

We fed our dog TOTW Pacific Stream for years and noticed more and more that he was getting cysts in his toes and losing patches of fur. This was kind of a slow progression and I'm not sure if they changed their formula or something but we had to stop. He did great on it for at least 2 years but recently in the past few months, we noticed these changes. We are moving to a raw food diet now and trying to get an ear infection under control.

Desi707

May 1, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chewy
DO NOT FEED THIS FOOD TO ANY DOGS!!! Our dog is still recovering. He almost died. He was in the hospital for five days. $3,300 to keep him alive. The doctors couldn't figure out why he was so sick. He lived because he was on an IV for days. I know it's the food because we fed him chicken and rice for 8 days. He was doing much better, still on five different medications, but eating and holding down food. The vet said he could go back to regular food. We fed him Taste of The Wild and he started back with the original symptoms last night. I didn't realize he was getting worse again so I gave him more food this morning trying to figure out why he was acting oddly. So I googled the food today. A lot of dogs are having the same symptoms and dying. Throw the food away!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
DO NOT FEED THIS FOOD TO ANY DOGS!!! Our dog is still recovering. He almost died. He was in the hospital for five days. $3,300 to keep him alive. The doctors couldn't figure out why he was so sick. He lived because he was on an IV for days. I know it's the food because we fed him chicken and rice for 8 days. He was doing much better, still on five different medications, but eating and holding down food. The vet said he could go back to regular food. We fed him Taste of The Wild and he started back with the original symptoms last night. I didn't realize he was getting worse again so I gave him more food this morning trying to figure out why he was acting oddly. So I googled the food today. A lot of dogs are having the same symptoms and dying. Throw the food away!!!

So hope you baby is getting better.... sending lots of prayers.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
So sorry to hear about your dog. I would avoid all Diamond dog food, not just TOTW Diamond ( TOTW , 4Health, Kirkland, Natural Balance ). Stick with brands that have very few or no recalls. You can find out if they have had recalls on dogfoodadvisor website.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.