Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone's dog not done well on Fromms Pork & Peas?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gypsy (May 2013- March 2015)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Has anyone's dog not done well on Fromms Pork & Peas?

Thanks everyone! I think I'm in more of a panic mode since I have to open the new bag of food for tonights feeding and when I got home for lunch today was when I noticed the itching on the other side of her neck. I called the store and I can exchange the P&P for Beef Frittata. I may switch back to TOTW after this bag.

Ami

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mzza111 View Post
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm in more of a panic mode since I have to open the new bag of food for tonights feeding and when I got home for lunch today was when I noticed the itching on the other side of her neck. I called the store and I can exchange the P&P for Beef Frittata. I may switch back to TOTW after this bag.

Ami
    We're all learning here and we learn from one another which is what's so special about EBN. I'm still trying to figure out the "ideal" diet for the boys and they're 2.5 years old now. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out my own diet!

glad your pet store will exchange foods like that. That's a good store!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

Aubie didn't do well on it. She had yeasty paws, wet eyes, and was licking her paws like crazy. We've switched her back to Salmon Tunalini as she seems to do best on fishy foods.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mzza111 View Post

Ami
    I am in the exact same boat as you right now..i switched to fromms pork and peas in july and noticed more itching and diarrhea..i switched to beef frittata about 2 weeks ago and haven't noticed any improvement. I was on TOTW for a year until they had a recall and now my store doesn't sell it.He loved TOTW but he did have a lot of tear stains when he was on it/ I was afraid to go back after the recall. I don't know what to feed him next..he barely eats the fromms

- - - Updated - - -

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Well..we went through all the grain free Fromm formulas and Jake did ok..just ok on Beef Fritatta. But he did horrible on all the other ones. I switched to Earthborn and he's doing better on it. But..I'm sure it's not his "perfect" food. Sometimes I think there will ever be the ideal food for him. Luckily, he eats everything ..what works for one just doesn't necessarily work for another. Very frustrating!

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member HTX Bully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Holly
    Likes (Received)

Holly is on Pork n Peas and I'm not sure it's agreeing with her. She's sitting at my feet licking her paws as I type this. Her coat on her belly appears to be thinning, her gas is ridiculous but her poop is the best that its ever been. I think we are going to try Salmon Tunalini next.

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Mine have been eating Pork&Peas for about 2 months now but I think after I finish my two bags I'm going to go back to Salmon Tunalini. The girls are both fine on anything I feed them but Gio has been kicking his paws way more and has been getting lots of eye gunk. I thought maybe his environmental allergies were still bothering him but I'm pretty sure it's the Pork&Peas. That's why I love Fromm, we can switch flavors so easily! Good luck on the switch!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I had Winston on the Beef Frittatta, which cleared up his tear stains and this awful red staining on his neck! I decided to try the Pork & Peas, and honestly I don't think he's doing as well. Of course my issue is that it's starting to get cooler here so it's either environmental allergies or the food. His stool continues to be soft on Fromm, so I'm starting to wonder if this food is NOT the perfect one for him. I put my boxer on the Earthborn Holistic & she looks fantastic so I may go that route w/Winston... You are NOT the only one dealing w/the food jungle, it's really frustrating!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Lola just doesn't seem to like any Fromm kibbles... personal preference i suppose

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Real Name
    Simon
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
    Likes (Received)

Walley-Bubba and Shadow (Yorkie) both love their Fromm Port and Peas.
    But it's so high in nutrition we have had to cut both of them back a bit due to their getting a little fat.
    And WB seems to have worse tear stains and now a watery eye since we switched from Natures Variety Instinct Chicken Meal (recalled).
    But otherwise, their poops are perfect and there are no issues like shedding, hot spots, rashes etc.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sherman
    Likes (Received)

I tried to switch Sherman to Pork and Peas. He got tear stains right away. He is back to the Venison TOTW. For him, it's the best. I am going to stop trying to switch.

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member RazrRila99's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Colossus
    Likes (Received)

I have Colossus on Chicken Ala Veg right now, he has watery eyes and softer"ish" poo on it than he did the Beef Fritatta, but the BF gave him terrible stinky gas (even the tail end of that bag that is mixed with the Chicken ala Veg is showing a rise in gas) and his coat wasnt that good. Im going to try Duck or Salmon next. Something that Fromms has in their grain free -- white potatoes, the "Grain" versions have sweet taters. The white potatoes could be causing some problem too, it was starting to give Colossus yeast between his back legs.

Its a crap shoot I tell you that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads