Thread: confused

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    I went with Merrick Whole Earth Farms because its got the bigger food the smaller nuggets doesn't seem to fill him up. He seems to fill up better with the bigger food nuggets. I only got the smaller bag at first to see how he does with it.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3
    haven't usdit but I have seen MANY bully parents feed that one as well.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    haven't usdit but I have seen MANY bully parents feed that one as well.
    I am just so leary of what I feed him because I don't want to upset his digestive system.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I am just so leary of what I feed him because I don't want to upset his digestive system.

It is a good brand and honestly you might go thru a handful before you find what works for you. So long as you r going with a good brand you r fine. Now to see how the reactions are. I have used a good 8 brands I would guess in my trials. Fromm seems to be pretty good for us, not to say others wouldn't be.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

It is a good brand and honestly you might go thru a handful before you find what works for you. So long as you r going with a good brand you r fine. Now to see how the reactions are. I have used a good 8 brands I would guess in my trials. Fromm seems to be pretty good for us, not to say others wouldn't be.
    When you find one that works you stay with it so far we have gone through five but those are local and really before I really started paying attention to labels and realized I wasn't feeding him the best I could so I have decided to start with the six star stuff and work my way through reading on them and know what fills Sheldon up. Anything with smallish food nuggets won't fill him up the larger food nuggets work well. He does NOT like lamb. He will refuse to eat. Hubby had to mix egg in with his food today to get him to eat then only did so reluctantly. I am finally out of it. Going tomorrow to get something to hold me over till I get his other food. Until the Mr. Shelly Bean gets home cooked food. Going to grill him a couple pieces of chicken and boil him some carrots.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural mystic View Post
    I have remorse too Todd over the same thing. Back in the mid 70's I had an AKC Amstaff from a champion pedigree. And I didn't know diddly squat about dog food. I lived in a small rural town and bought the food from an FRM feed store. It was one of their better foods but would be considered crap today. He did well it seems, was strong and robust but now I imagine what he would have been like if he had a quality food. There was no internet and no way of knowing what was good vs bad and I was nave as well. The higher quality foods that may have existed back then would have been unknown around here anyway and no where to purchase. There are actually today quite a few good quality foods as compared to yesteryear. So much better and better access as well as the ability to make a reasonable choice.
    Back in the day we didn't know about better foods and nutrition. Heck I remember our pups getting kibble a and bits on a rare occasion and we thought they were being spoiled. Lol even when I first got cutty I knew nothing and his breeder said to feed eukanuba and I was so naive that I thought it was good food. Had to get it at a pet store after all and it wasn't cheap. Thankfully we now r learning better for our babies.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

When you find one that works you stay with it so far we have gone through five but those are local and really before I really started paying attention to labels and realized I wasn't feeding him the best I could so I have decided to start with the six star stuff and work my way through reading on them and know what fills Sheldon up. Anything with smallish food nuggets won't fill him up the larger food nuggets work well. He does NOT like lamb. He will refuse to eat. Hubby had to mix egg in with his food today to get him to eat then only did so reluctantly. I am finally out of it. Going tomorrow to get something to hold me over till I get his other food. Until the Mr. Shelly Bean gets home cooked food. Going to grill him a couple pieces of chicken and boil him some carrots.

thats funny. There isn't afood my pups have ever turned down, ever. But lamb gave cutty some horrid tear stains years ago so I avoid it like the plague now. Sounds to me Sheldon is one lucky pup!

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

thats funny. There isn't afood my pups have ever turned down, ever. But lamb gave cutty some horrid tear stains years ago so I avoid it like the plague now. Sounds to me Sheldon is one lucky pup!
    Sheldon has refused he will walk over to his bowl look at it look back at me like "REALLY" this again? Lol I know what your saying I thought I was giving him the best but after reading labels and learning what was good and what wasn't I see the difference. My mother in law doesn't understand why I feed Sheldon expensive dog food she tells me its all the same. I preach label reading to her lol

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Sheldon has refused he will walk over to his bowl look at it look back at me like "REALLY" this again? Lol I know what your saying I thought I was giving him the best but after reading labels and learning what was good and what wasn't I see the difference. My mother in law doesn't understand why I feed Sheldon expensive dog food she tells me its all the same. I preach label reading to her lol

Yeah, some people will NEVER get it. Either they don't care to or are just too stubborn.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yeah, some people will NEVER get it. Either they don't care to or are just too stubborn.
    Quite honestly I think its both. In her mind its all the same so it doesn't matter to her if she feeds Gigi a good dog food or a mediocre one. I keep trying to show her the labels and the things that she needs to read and she just shakes her head and says I don't understand all that mumjumbo. Its really frustrating then she wonders why her dog prefers to sit with me or my kids and hubby than her. She isn't mean to Gigi she treats her well and gives her plenty of love its just the food subject that really gets us going. She refuses to try to understand.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i have the same trouble with my bf mother. i have bought her good foods and when they are done she will get her other son to go to the grocery store and buy purina dog chow. i think of all the food there that is about the worst almost. i had to go get her something else for her dogs as we did not know if they had allergies to food or fleas. i saw she was low today so i got her some more of what i had gotten before as i knew she would buy the purina dog chow again. its corn corn and more corn. i know the rachael ray nutrish is not fromm but it is better than some of that stuff at food lion. merrick whole earth farms is not bad food and its priced really well for those who cant afford the pricey acana and fromm. ive used it before myself. sometimes our bullies cant eat a 6 star food. i think mine is on a 4 star food but ive been through bout 25 foods with her so ill take it.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    i have the same trouble with my bf mother. i have bought her good foods and when they are done she will get her other son to go to the grocery store and buy purina dog chow. i think of all the food there that is about the worst almost. i had to go get her something else for her dogs as we did not know if they had allergies to food or fleas. i saw she was low today so i got her some more of what i had gotten before as i knew she would buy the purina dog chow again. its corn corn and more corn. i know the rachael ray nutrish is not fromm but it is better than some of that stuff at food lion. merrick whole earth farms is not bad food and its priced really well for those who cant afford the pricey acana and fromm. ive used it before myself. sometimes our bullies cant eat a 6 star food. i think mine is on a 4 star food but ive been through bout 25 foods with her so ill take it.
    Isn't it aggravating??? I almost lose my mind!!! Gigi itches and she thinks its fleas and I keep telling her its possibly a food allergy but she won't listen!!!

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Back in the day we didn't know about better foods and nutrition. Heck I remember our pups getting kibble a and bits on a rare occasion and we thought they were being spoiled.

Roxy spent YEARS eating Beneful!!

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads