Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hypoallergenic Goodies

Default Re: Hypoallergenic Goodies

Dartford Holistic make grain free treats and dey'z yummy. Mom gets dem at Petsupermarket.
    I get fruits n veggies as treats too.
    My fav "treat" which is actually part of my meal, but mom saves it til da end and uses it as a treat to get me to do fings I no wanna do (like 'spin'...i hate spinning in circles)..is chicken hearts. YUMMY. Dey'z too big to be used as just a treat tho. But if she saves dem for after dinner, I fink it's a treat and she gets me to work on my dance moves real good.
    Mom also makes home-made liver treats...dehydrates dem or cooks em til dey'z crispy.
    Merrick makes lamb lung treats which are yummy and grain free. Just 1 ingredient- lamb lung.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

From Judi on facebook:

‎2 cups all purpose flour..1 cup grated cheese..1/2 cup vegetable oil..roll in walnut size balls..bake 350 degrees for 10 minutes..put in zip lock bags and refrigerate..you can add 3 Tps peanut butter (smooth or chunky) to half the batter.....for variety..Digger loves them and not knows where they are so he will sit and look at the fridge til I bring them out..fresh..not stored in a warehouse and does not contain who knows what additives..20 minutes total time..lasts all week or longer if beef pep o roni sticks offered along the way..he's 14 mo old and never tired of them..

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

More great suggestions - thanks everyone! I tried the frozen green beans today. I really have to take a video of Linus' reaction to them - utter disdain! Truman trotted off happily with his, which I thought would raise Linus' interest but he just sat there like a bulldog does. I will try a baby carrot with a little peanut butter next but it sounds like there are some good options available and, always homemade treats.

I am with you desertsky - I need a dehydrator I guess!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

so champ ur mommy just dehydrated liver? Does it need to be refridgerated after? I wanna dehydrator now....!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I have a dehydrater but the thoughts of having livier in there grosses me out. lol. I do beef jerky so I am sure it would dry similarly but I am imagining a foul smell or something. lmao. I think I am over thinking this!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I found some other grain-free treats to try at Target for a little over $5 a bag. I am wondering if anyone else has tried them? They are called "Dogswell Happy Hips" and "Dogswell Vitality" - they look like jerky treat and are made from duck or chicken with no grains or by-products. They are also vitamin enriched, depending which ones you buy. I am going to see how Linus likes them and report back but that seem to be a good value compared to similar treats. I also like that I can get them where I do my shopping: http://www.dogswell.com/vitality

The Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Duck Biscuits lost a bit of their luster since Linus turned one down today. I have to be patient since he has been eating really bad for him (but probably really yummy tasting) treats for a while now so it might take some adjusting. (I've never preferred celery over chocolate, so I cannot talk!)

Truman continues to feast on pretty much anything.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

WrinkledJowels

I buy a brand called No Grainers--my dogs seem to love them!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads