Thread: AZ shelters and the rescue groups

Default AZ shelters and the rescue groups

I figured that all Eb's that come in to the shelters would be put in rescue.

Doesn't the shelter call the rescues when they have one that won't be put up to the general public?

How does that work - i didn't think any EB's were pts at the shelters. I'm in AZ.

Default Re: AZ shelters and the rescue groups

i would love to rescue directly from the shelters. That's where i got my boy Otis. He was up for adoption to the general public though - he's very healthy...............even still at two years later.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

From my understanding, but of course I could be wrong, only some shelters contact the rescues. Its not at all mandatory for them. I actually don't think all the shelters are aware that eb rescue groups actually exist. The rescue groups also have a lot of sources and keep their eyes open if any ebs arrive at the shelter. Members here, for example, post a notice or notify the rescues directly if they find a bully in any shelters.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

Hello all Bullie friends,
    Which is why this and other network links and resources are so valuable. Why we are committed to Bullies, most every breed has a rescue operation. It might not be local but they are around.

Keep eyes and ears open and help when needed.
    Good Day~
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

hi! i'm in az as well (phoenix), i actually adopted butler from Love A Bull. I don't know what other rescues do, but i do know that this particular one has good relationships with the shelters, and either the shelter will contact as soon as they get a bullie in, or one of the many volunteers will keep a close eye on the shelters and immediately go pick up bullies when they come in.

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    hi! i'm in az as well (phoenix), i actually adopted butler from Love A Bull. I don't know what other rescues do, but i do know that this particular one has good relationships with the shelters, and either the shelter will contact as soon as they get a bullie in, or one of the many volunteers will keep a close eye on the shelters and immediately go pick up bullies when they come in.
    thanks sheila - that's kinda what i thought

Remove Ads