Thread: My heart is broken, I lost my baby

Potty Trainer
    Country
    San Bernardino
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter and Renzo
    Likes (Received)

Default My heart is broken, I lost my baby

Dexter was and always will be my baby! We took him to the dog beach he was under shade the entire time. There was a breeze, he was drinking water being playful. On the way home we had the ac as we always do but he stared to pant a lot so we pulled over gave him wet towels, water but he wasn't getting better we rushed him to animal hospital.
    They did blood work they said he had blood clots and other had difficulty breathing, I can't even think right now. But they gave him oxygen but it wasn't enough. Dexter passed away yesterday night. My 12 year old twins are devastated by this. My husband and I are not any better, he was only 2 years 8months. I waned to grow old with him.
    Dexter just had a liter last month, the owner of the female has offered to give me one of his babies, but as you can imagine I'm afraid to bring another bully so soon. But I keep saying those are his babies I don't want to regret this. Please share your thoughts . We only had him reproduced once because Dexter comes from a line of show dogs. Please help me I'm broken

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My heart is broken, I lost my baby

So sorry to hear this. Losing a family member is always devastating. Dexter will always be irreplaceable but please open your heart again. Another pet out there is waiting for the opportunity to be loved.
    Hug your bully today

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@SoCalLily God, how I hate seeing posts like this. I can actually feel your agonizing pain, as I have been through it way too many times. I know how devastating it is for you,and I send prayers and condolences to you. I am crying as this is so sad. With that said,I know it is so so soon, but this is your one and only chance to have a part of Dexter. He will live on. A pup will never take his place,but many who lose their bullie kids, do not have the chance to let part of them live on-but only in their heart. The pup will help ease the pain,and bring laughter back to your home-for you and your family-your girls. The main thing is do not expect him to BE Dexter,but his own individual self. You can love him for who HE is,and know that in your heart Dexter lives,and part of him will be alive, and bring new love to your home. I hope this has given you a glimmer of hope and you will have several weeks to realize that Dexter, if he had a say,would want you to think of how lucky you were to know him and concentrate on his life, not his death,though I know it will be hard.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm so VERY sorry for your loss... my deepest condolences to you and your family. Many of us on here have lost our pups way too soon, and it's absolutely devastating.

IMHO life is TOO short, I would take one of Dexter's pups... it's not a replacement, but a continuation of the love that you had for your boy.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
    Likes (Received)

My sincerest condolences for this devastating loss of your beloved Dexter.

My heart sorrows for you & your family's pain & shock, it's overwhelming
    when we lose them so young, so full of life, love & happiness. Our brains
    simply can't quite comprehend or process all our feelings.

I believe y'all will want one of his puppies, it will help ease the deep grief
    y'all are going thru for Dexter. Don't worry, you will be able to love the baby
    for itself and not as a replacement for Dexter, our hearts need to love again!

A dear friend in this group (and very selective breeder) convinced me to adopt
    my currant love, Cami, I'd lost my husband unexpectedly & just a few months
    later my 1st bully boy (also young) in surgery. Hurting so badly I couldn't fathom
    another dog so soon. After praying a couple more months, I realized she needed a
    home and I had a good one to give her. Cami belonged to a friend of his whose life
    had changed suddenly (as mine had), it happens. We brought her home, amazing
    how we are programed by God to love, the heart's capacity for love is limitless! And
    truly, Cami saved ME, I give thanks for her every single day!

I know it feels too soon but it will be okay, trust God makes no mistakes & trust
    in His providence, it is no accident that Dexter's baby will help heal your hearts
    and bring LIFE into your home...Choose LOVE, even now, it's never a mistake.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

It's been said very well here already... I know You understand our hearts for you and these bully's of ours and I can only offer prayers of comfort.. I hurt for you, I feel right now that I couldn't bear it and so sorry that you have no choice but to. Sending love and my prayers, and if you get that little one, bring him/her here to share the joy that that special heart will bring. Your family seems so well suited to these loves of ours, and what better than one left here special for you.. Love and Prayers, me and Hank

7. Likes Texas Carol, Dakota Bully liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Im very sorry for your loss. I would definitely take a little one from Dexter's litter to cherish his memory. Little one will help you n your family heal and move on. Please keep us posted.

9. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    San Bernardino
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter and Renzo
    Likes (Received)

Thank you so much! @Manydogs I agree with you having a small piece of dexter with us would help us heal. I'm just so scared to love another bully.

Potty Trainer
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Diesel, Alise, Pia & Piglet Wiggle Britches
    Likes (Received)

First of all, I am still crying and devastated for you. Hopefully, it will be soon that you can look back on the memories of Dexter and laugh instead of being sad. You have already owned a bulldog, so you will probably always crave owning a bulldog. It's probably inevitable that you will end up getting another one to share the love with. Let's be honest...they make us so much happier and laugh so many more times a day than we normally would. Isn't it something that that Dexter only had one batch of puppies and that you actually have access to one of them at such a critical time? I think it was meant to be. Good luck in your decision. Let us know.

12. Likes helsonwheels, Texas Carol, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    San Bernardino
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter and Renzo
    Likes (Received)

Thank you so much for sharing! @Texas Carol you are very strong!! I really needed to hear this thank you for the inspirational message

14. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    San Bernardino
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter and Renzo
    Likes (Received)

Thank you so much everyone! I agree i should keep one of his babies, my house is so darn quite. I can't be home with out breaking down. I miss how loud he was! I've stared to clean up his stuff putting his harness and food bowls stored away. Picking up all the toys he would "hide"
    I just pray this pain gets easier! I'm talking to my husband and twin boys about keeping a puppy. I hope they agree it's the best choice. I have 4 weeks to decide, I'll share pictures of Dexter and his litter. Please keep me in your prayers I'm in so much pain, my Dexter was such an amazing boy! I hope I dream of him soon. I still can't sleep or eat much but I know it's so soon. I appreciate you all so much!!-img_3660-jpg
    Thank you!!!

Potty Trainer
    Country
    San Bernardino
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter and Renzo
    Likes (Received)

-img_3208-jpg-img_3208-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_3343-jpg  

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads