Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My heart is broken, I lost my baby

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaverstock1 View Post
    SoCalLily I'm so sorry to hear this about Dexter! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time of need. My Dozer passed 2 weeks ago and I'm still trying to wrap my head around things. I'm wanting to get another bully, but I'm not sure how long I should wait. Each day does get a little easier, but everything reminds you of them! Sending you a big hug...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalLily View Post
    Bhaverstock1 thank you! I really want another bully too, I don't think I could love another breed the same. But at the same time I wonder if I could ever love another dog like I loved Dexter? I've never had another dog so this is so hard to understand. I agree with you when is the right time to get another? Is it fair to our sweet boys we hurry getting another? Or is it fair to the new bully I'll probably spend all day crying?
    Sending you a huge hug because I understand your pain! I'm hurting with you! You and your family are in my prayers
    I felt the same way when my first boy passed, ... how could I love another and 'replace' Nitschke. . Like you we lost him suddenly and I literally was terrified to leave my home.. i did not want to open my door and him not be there so in my mind if I didn't leave I wouldn't have to accept it... took a full week off work and cried 24/7.

Then two months later along came Cheli ... our vet called and asked us to take him ' he is a special boy that needs great parents' , is what he said to us. I was VERY hesitant and it took our vet and his wife on a conference call with my boyfriend to get me to agree to meet this special baby. Needless to say, he came home with us a week later.

After Banks passed, we swore we would wait for awhile... she was Lewis' girl, his heart. But, Cheli got very depressed it was heart breaking--- Lambeau joined us just 4 short weeks from her passing, but we both still cry for missing our spitfire little beeochy girl.

My point is, you never replace ... you love a new, different baby that warms your heart like your first love didn't and gives you a different joy, but they never ever replace--- each gives you a new, different love and joy.

You'll know when you are ready but sometimes it is sooner than you think. And do not let anyone tell you when you are ready... do it on your hearts terms

((Hugs))

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Potty Trainer
    Country
    San Bernardino
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter and Renzo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I felt the same way when my first boy passed, ... how could I love another and 'replace' Nitschke. . Like you we lost him suddenly and I literally was terrified to leave my home.. i did not want to open my door and him not be there so in my mind if I didn't leave I would have to accept it... took a full week off work and cried 24/7.

Then two months later along came Cheli ... our vet called and asked us to take him ' he us a special boy that needs great parents' , is what he said to us. I was VERY hesitant and it took our vet and his wife on a conference call with my boyfriend to get me to agree to meet this special baby. Needless to say, he came home with us a week later.

After Banks passed, we swore we would wait for awhile... she was Lewis' girl, his heart. But, Cheli got very depressed it was heart breaking--- Lambeau joined us just 4 short weeks from her passing, but we both still cry for missing our spitfire little beeochy girl.

My point is, you never replace ... you love a new, different baby that warms your heart like your first love didn't and gives you a different joy, but they never ever replace--- each gives you a new, different love and joy.

You'll know when you are ready but sometimes it is sooner than you think. And do not let anyone tell you when you are ready... do it in your hearts terms

((Hugs))

I hate the feeling of opening my door and him not running to me! I miss the loud snoring! I just miss my baby.
    I've also taken a week off work, but once I get his ashes I'll need a few more days I'm really scared how I'll feel.
    Thank you for sharing your story, I can see what you mean we just get a new different joy with a new bully. They all do have so much love to give.
    Thank you!

3. Likes 2BullyMama, Hceril, helsonwheels liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I hate the feeling of opening my door and him not running to me! I miss the loud snoring! I just miss my baby.
    I've also taken a week off work, but once I get his ashes I'll need a few more days I'm really scared how I'll feel.
    Thank you for sharing your story, I can see what you mean we just get a new different joy with a new bully. They all do have so much love to give.
    Thank you!
    maybe not... when we got Nitchke and Banks back I really thought I would crumble, but as weird as this may sound- it was heart warming and I felt somewhat at peace having them back in the house. They are on the mantle with our favorite picture next to them. We still print and frame pictures in different rooms and I even have a little area in the garden for my sweet gifts from wonderful friends. I'll post a picture tonight.

Do what helps you through the grief... matters not what others think or say
    e.

5. Likes B770QE, ddnene, helsonwheels, cefe13 liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

maybe not... when we got Nitchke and Banks back I really thought I would crumble, but as weird as this may sound- it was heart warming and I felt somewhat at peace having them back in the house. They are on the mantle with our favorite picture next to them. We still print and frame pictures in different rooms and I even have a little area in the garden for my sweet gifts from wonderful friends. I'll post a picture tonight.

same,, I thought I wouldn't be able to do the pick up,,,, and I will say that I walked in, they sweetly handed me what I was there for,,, and the greatest peace came to me as I drove with my baby again... Yes, tears, but with smiles that I had her with me... you just do what ever it is you need to do to get through...hugs

- - - Updated - - -

same,, I thought I wouldn't be able to do the pick up,,,, and I will say that I walked in, they sweetly handed me what I was there for,,, and the greatest peace came to me as I drove with my baby again... Yes, tears, but with smiles that I had her with me... you just do what ever it is you need to do to get through...hugs

7. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    San Bernardino
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter and Renzo
    Likes (Received)

Thank you! I think I'll feel better once he's home, I'm getting anxiety that he's not home yet. I'm calling first thing tomorrow to ask what's taking them so long

9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    San Bernardino
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter and Renzo
    Likes (Received)

Thank you, I think I'll have some peace once he's home. I can't wait to see your pictures

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thank you, I think I'll have some peace once he's home. I can't wait to see your pictures

e.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama

I LOVE your shadow boxes, I need to do that for my angels...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

14. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    San Bernardino
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter and Renzo
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama wow everything is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing, what a beautiful way to displaying some of there stuff.

16. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama wow everything is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing, what a beautiful way to displaying some of there stuff.
    It brings a smile to my face and warms my heart every time I look at them. The loved and taught me so much ❤️❤️❤️

e.

18. Likes Dakota Bully liked this post
    Real Name
    Beth
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rosco
    Likes (Received)

I'm so so sorry for your loss! I would get one of his pups and like others have said, when you feel ready is when you will bring him home. I wouldn't wait as long as I did though. I have lost a dog before and it was very hard. The things everyone are saying are true. It does get a little easier everyday. Every dog is different too. So you won't be replacing yours just a different kind of love. Just like our kids. I was sick when our first dog left us. Our new bully Rosco has brought so much joy to our lives and we love him so much. He's my baby also since my kids are close to your kids ages. I completely understand that love you have for him, as do everyone else on here I'm sure.

Both of the dogs I've had since being married were so special but in COMPLETELY different ways. I even told myself that if we got another dog it wouldn't be as good as our first. I waited years before getting Rosco. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't have waited. He has blessed us in a way I never would've imagined. I don't miss my other dog any less and I don't ever compare the two. They are just so different.

I hope you can find some peace soon. Thinking and prayer for you and the others that have lost their babies recently.

20. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama, Dakota Bully liked this post
    Real Name
    Beth
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rosco
    Likes (Received)

Oh I forgot to mention. That when we got Rosco, I actually still hadn't agreed to another dog yet. My husband brought him home, surprise the first month or two I did all the things that us moms and dads do to care for them. Wipe wrinkles, take them to potty, scroll the EBN forum Day and night, etc. I still really didn't want a dog. I wasn't mean or anything, I just didn't want him on my couch, in my face, or anything. He could be the kids dog or my husbands dog. Then I don't know how or when it just changed and he finally became my baby. Which it should be noted that he really chose me from day 1, so I just finally accepted it. I guess my point to this is, even if your not ready or don't think you are, if everyone else in the family is, you should consider bringing one home for them. Over time you won't regret the new addition. He or she will either be another baby you hold close to your heart or it will be a new addition to your family that you love but that is closer to dad or kids.

Again, thinking and praying for you and your family.

22. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama, Dakota Bully liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads