Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Colloidal Silver

Awwwwwwww yes! Manuka honey user I don't know what happened this last sick... I have all the above and just was lazy and it took it's toll!!! I also use oregano oil and it knocks the crap out of viruses... Going to check it's use for dogs
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    Yeah, I agree it's a great product when used externally. I'm not sure how it compares to manuka honey for throat infections or diluted organic apple cider vinegar with witch hazel for ear infections. It would be interesting to do a study comparing chelated or colloidal silver to apple cider vinegar, manuka honey, Banix spray, Vetricyn spray, Well-Horse healing remedy,NuStock,coconut oil.

Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Oil of oregano tastes horrible so I don't know how you'd get your dogs to take it But you can give it. 3 Natural Antibiotics For Your Dog - Dogs Naturally Magazine

3. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

yes. I did get kind of to whre I liked it in a shot of oj, but as of late, I do in capsuls.. that would be easy to get down as there so small but the amt, even in the tiny capsul may not be ok... going to do some more checking... Love the article you sent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    Oil of oregano tastes horrible so I don't know how you'd get your dogs to take it But you can give it. 3 Natural Antibiotics For Your Dog - Dogs Naturally Magazine

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    Awwwwwwww yes! Manuka honey user I don't know what happened this last sick... I have all the above and just was lazy and it took it's toll!!! I also use oregano oil and it knocks the crap out of viruses... Going to check it's use for dogs
    Careful with oregano oil. Not everyone knows but on an empty stomach its harsh. I know I need to mix it in food or something else. Im not sure for dogs either. Something I never researched. Go figure eh? Lolll

Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Careful with oregano oil. Not everyone knows but on an empty stomach its harsh. I know I need to mix it in food or something else. Im not sure for dogs either. Something I never researched. Go figure eh? Lolll
    Yeah, kind of funny you haven't researched them it sure is been wonderful for me but even though the capsule could go down well , it still might not feel too good in their bellies… Plus I have no idea what amount dosage would be . I like Tumeric/pepper as well .. For us humans, golden milks my evening treat

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    Yeah, kind of funny you haven't researched them it sure is been wonderful for me but even though the capsule could go down well , it still might not feel too good in their bellies… Plus I have no idea what amount dosage would be . I like Tumeric/pepper as well .. For us humans, golden milks my evening treat
    Why you want to give OO to Hank?

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone for your responses and suggestions. I'll use it topically for now, and ask my vet about internally.
    I don't think it will hurt to use it on his ears or skin, so will try it. I just wanted to get some information and advice from my smart friends.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

9. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Thanks everyone for your responses and suggestions. I'll use it topically for now, and ask my vet about internally.
    I don't think it will hurt to use it on his ears or skin, so will try it. I just wanted to get some information and advice from my smart friends.
    Keep us posted!

11. Likes Vikinggirl liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

I think you are better off using apple cider vinegar mixed with witch hazel equal parts on his ears, or Zymox ear drops on his ears (that's what I use), or that essential oils mixture that helsonwheels has posted. I think it's great for the skin though. Proponents of colloidal silver internally say it cures everything, kind of like proponents of miracle mineral solution saying it can cure malaria, or proponents of vitamin c saying it can cure everything (Linus Pauling died of prostate cancer).

Check out this site https://www.quackwatch.org/01Quacker.../silverad.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post

Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Ha! I don't! not really.. It was just something that came to mind, and then out my mouth.... or fingers...
    Why you want to give OO to Hank?

14. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Fox
    Likes (Received)

Have you tried this recipe of essential oils below? I use it for Nyala's tail pocket and it also keeps her ears clean. She tends to get this brown film in her ears. She never scratches just brown guk. Same mix for ears n tail and all stays very clean. I swear by it as it really work great. Just a thought.

15 drops Lavender 15 drops Geranium 15 drops Frankincense 15 drops Basil 10 drops Arborvitae. Fractionated*Coconut Oil*to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way full. Shake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infectionsIf ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated*coconut oil*on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.
    i'm biting the bullet and giving this a try! all items on the way

16. Likes Vikinggirl liked this post
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

cool!!! might I ask where you ordered... I could find all but the Arborvitae and just kinda put it on pause for a pinch. I'm a big believer in the oils, just got sidetracked..
    Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    i'm biting the bullet and giving this a try! all items on the way

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads